Haunting

I wake up on the screams. The sand is covering my body and I'm all dressed in black. I try to comprehend what the hell happened after what Dante did to me. The betrayal has sunk into my flesh. It's almost midnight. I move slowly and I find a red snake, giving me a sharp stare. I give it my hand, so it hisses at me and jumps into the air. The Egyptian curse courses through my blood and my eye shifts colors from black into yellow. I lift into the air and the snake is in front of me. Its body is shifting into a human one. The face is hard and has a squared jaw. The eyes shifts green from red. The hair is golden brown and the skin color is as pale as snow. The eyes gives a sinister feeling. He's dressed in a black long coat, black pants and a white shirt. We fall on the ground like fallen angels. We dive down 40 kilometers above sea level. We crash on the ground. I lie steadily, unable to give him the benefit of the doubt and let him near me.

"So you are Esme, the great great great great granddaughter of the Egyptian King". He says in a huff. I look around me in silence. The pyramids are right in front of me. The cult is dancing around the Khofo pyramid. I hear the clock strikes 12:12 and the massacre begins. Each human head is torn away and the blood moves in an infinity symbol. The sand takes the bodies down and there's no faint sight of a living human. "We devour on their souls." The man says, in a hushed voice. "We live on this massacre for centuries. Whenever the hour number is the same as the minute number as the second number, our strengths bloom. An Egyptian witch did us the favor in return for an eternal life that he can have." I stay too silent and he chuckles at my bewilderment. The lightning strikes the pyramid and I'm lifted in the middle of the air. I fly fast and fast without my control and he runs behind me. I fly higher and faster than any force and I blast the lighting into the sky.

"Holy shit!!" He curses under his breath. I'm shifting, again. The wind is too strong, so I scream with all of my force and I blast another lighting. I hope Dante realizes that he has no fucking clue that I'm after him until he's sent back to hell with Lucifer. We are not all demons from birth. Some of us followed Lucifer and turned to demons, while the others became fallen angels. I'm half demon-half human. I live to unlock the mystery behind my true identity. The world I live in does not deserve another second of life. They're mostly abusers, users and kill for lust. Our true missions is to thrive through the sins the human commit in the world and hiss through the ears to do worse. God gave humans two choices: commit sins till the end of the time and you'll burn in hell like us, demons. Some of them will choose the good path, but they will eventually struggle. Poor little creatures they are. That's the fun part, watching the good people struggle to be good and die, while committing terrible sins.

In old Egypt, locals worshipped the kings and queens. They believed they were Gods, but shamefully, they weren't. Now, their screams never stop in their tombs and in hell. King Ramesses III was the worst human as he wholeheartedly believed that he was a God from birth. Such false allegations and beliefs ended hundreds of locals. The lightning in front of me is my only power to end this world. The only conflict is that I need to find the whereabouts of my doppelganger to end her. She needs to be killed, as her presence will cause disturbance to the two worlds: the human world and the demon world. I find my balance, again and I fall on my knees. "What the hell was that? Are you too a demon?!" He looks mesmerized by my power, which is kind of odd because he's a shapeshifter. "Yeah, I am." I say, casually. "You have been standing with me for an hour or so, yet you have failed to mention your name." He chuckles at me and I just give him the poker face. "Make a guess." He gives me a mischievous grin.

"Xavier?" I say, as a matter of fact. He laughs and his dimples started showing up. He really knows how to foreplay. "I am indeed Xavier Smith. Don't get me wrong, but I'm deeply fond of your nature." He cocks his head to the side and shows off his tattoos, plastered on his neck and all the way to the stomach. I cannot comprehend any of them except the infinity symbol. "I also know about Dante's betrayal. He presumably did what he did out of devotion to this weak human. Eventually, he will punished soon for his actions." I lift my eye brows at him in pure disbelief. "And who gave you the details?" I ask, coldly. "I believe his name is Rhys, actually. He fell under a spell and lost his wits during the murder."

"Well, I'm impressed by his pure honesty. I'm pretty sure it was intentional." I look him dead in the eye. My suspicions are increasing in a crazy speed. How come they have bonded out of the blue, so Xavier finds me near the pyramid? I don't even believe it was a coincidence. "I know what you're thinking, but mind you, I lack trust in those around me, too. It wasn't a coincidence as you thought of it earlier. In fact, Rhys and I both hate Dante for his deeds, but what can we say? Family is above all, especially between blood-related demons." I give him a side glance and I admire the pyramid, standing tall in front of me for over 7000 years. He gives me a kick in the shoulder and I turn to face him. "I'm on your side. Don't forget that."

Then, I break into a hysterical laugh. Damn it! "What's so funny?" He asks in complete confusion. "Seriously? I'm on your side?! How laughable! Please, don't tell me that you and Rhys rehearsed over what you should say to me before coming after me." The air is thick with tension. Then, I feel someone, so I break a neck behind my back, only to find it is Dante. "How scandalous, showing your fucking face to me!" I kick his body to the side. Xavier is in awe. "You are really tough." Suddenly, someone pulls onto my leg and I drown into the other world.