Chapter 8

~Liam's POV~

I started to wake up noticing i was still laid on Louis' chest. Louis was fast asleep now. My mouth was dry and i wanted to walk about a bit so i decided to head down to the kitchen. I moved Louis' arm from on my shoulder, being careful not to wake him. I got up and headed downstairs when i realised the living room light was on. Once i realised who was sat on the settee my heart skipped. He'd gotten changed into a vest and some sweatpants and was listening to a video on his laptop. He's just perfect no matter what he looks like. He took off his headphones and noticed me walking down the stairs. "Hey Li." He said softly. His voice made me melt. "Hey Zayn." I muttered back. "How long of you been back?" I asked trying to avoid any tension i felt. "I got back roundabout midnight, just didn't feel like going to bed." I looked at the clock and it was coming up to half past 2 in the morning. "Do you fancy watching a film?" He asked. I don't know why but my heart jumped again.  "Yea sure." I replied before heading off to the kitchen for a glass of water. "Good, we can put Toy Story on." He yelled from the living room. I'm sure he's doing this to just wind me up. I grabbed a glass from the cupboard and turned the tap on allowing the water to run for a while. I leaned against the worktop and took a deep breath. Ugh, this happens every time i'm around him, i just go weak and forget everything. I placed my glass underneath the running water and shut the tap off after my glass had filled. I couldn't stop shaking, things were fine when he was out, when i was asleep. But no matter how much heartache i'm going through, i don't want these feelings to end. I've got it bad haven't I.

I composed myself and went back to the living room where Zayn was sat on the edge of the settee flicking through the trailers to get to the menu. "You took your time bro." He said patting on the space next to him waiting for me to sit down. I plonked myself down next to him, it was a corner unit settee and we were on the side that was right in front of the tv so there wasn't a tremendous amount of room for the two of us. Trying to make the situation more comfortable i hutched up into the corner of the settee. The menu came up on the tv and Zayn pressed play before sitting back. I grabbed the footstool and pulled it in front of me so i could have my feet sprawled out without being uncomfortable. Zayn looked over to me slightly confused. "Do i smell or something bro?" He asked with an almost upset face, i knew he was just kidding but he made me feel so sad. "Haha no i just wanted to be comfy so i was fidgeting about right next to you." I quickly replied smiling. "Good!" He exclaimed before quickly crawling across the settee to where i was and laying his head down on my lap. This was perfect for me right now, he does things that he thinks are just so plain and simple. He has no idea how all those little things that he does make me feel though. "You comfy there boy?" I asked smiling down at him. "Very actually, you have very comfortable thighs it would seem." He said joking around. We both giggled a bit. "Good, i'm glad you approve." I replied. Without realising my hand had found it's way to his hair and i'd started running my fingers through it.  "That's nice Li Li." Zayn said yawning. Oh my god he's so cute. "Hey Li." Zayn suddenly piped up. "Yea Zayn?" "I love you man." Now to anyone else that has a normal friendly bromance meaning or sense to it. To me it meant something completely different."I love you too Zayn." I softly spoke back. He snuggled in closer before drifting off to sleep. 

Oh Zayn, if only you knew. It'd be so much easier.