Chapter 25

Mr

Mr. Saint. I don't know which is more painful? Saying it or thinking it? How can he tell me this so lightly? I don't understand and, above all, I don't want to accept it. Even as my fingers touch the handle, I can't believe my eyes. Is it really over? So why can't I pretend that I don't care? Why can't I leave this room without looking back, without thinking about him, without feeling pain? Because it doesn't make sense! He would have done all this to get away so quickly? Who does that? I had a quiet, peaceful life until he came along and turned it upside down, and I'm supposed to believe that it's already the end? Yes, apparently. I was so easy to forget. I always have been, unfortunately. I don't learn my lesson! I should take what little honor I have left and walk away. Yet I can't. A firm hand rested on mine and stopped him from turning the handle.

"Did you really think I'd let you leave so easily, princess?"

My heart races and I have to close my eyes for a moment to control it. But feeling his fingers dance through my hair and his lips whisper against my skin doesn't help much.

"Why?" I ask. "Why did you do this to me?"

"I've been through much tougher challenges than you and I've had to give up, to stop fighting so I wouldn't lose. But with you, princess...I feel like this can work."

He buries his head in my neck and his arms wrap around my waist. In other circumstances, I would have pushed him away. I would have told him I don't need him, I don't need his attention. But I'm tired of lying to him. He knows it!

"Why is it so hard to tell, princess?" he whispers against my skin.

And I feel every hair on my body bristle with desire. How could they not? This man has the sweetest voice there is. That husky little voice...kind of like the one he has when he gets out of bed. The one that gives you an intense rush of heat.

"Say it."

"Say what?"

"Say you like what I do to you."

"Wha...what?! I can't say that!"

You might want to make an effort Miss or he'll get away from you again! Sorry, I can't! Not when he's so close. Luckily, my back is to him.

"Turn around."

"No..."

"I'm not going to say it again, princess. Not this time."

I'm petrified but that's what I wanted. That fear I felt when I thought it was the end...I don't want to feel it again. So I take a deep breath and turn around. But I still can't face his gaze. All I can see is that little smile drawn by her lips.

"Are you happy, Seth?"

He doesn't answer and starts stroking my hair. I close my eyes to enjoy this delicious contact. There's no point in denying it, I love the attention he gives me. I need it! And yet I tried to hide it, deep in my heart. Nothing works. I only want him! My body only wants him! He wants his hands on my skin. Right now! Here! Now!