Chapter 22

Harrison walked forward until we were in my apartment, our mouths still connected as he used his foot to close the door behind him.

His kiss felt strong, and desperate, not at all what I was used to when we had kissed before, it made me feel weak at the knees and my chest to tightly squeeze at the confusion yet desperation I was also experiencing.

I wanted to ask why he was here, after avoiding me, but Harrison pushed down harder on me every time I tried to pull away.

I've never seen him act like this before, like a man possessed he held me close to him tightly as his lips painfully kissed mine, his teeth grazing and pulling my bottom lip as I held on to him, to stop myself from falling.

"Fuck." He hissed out, between kisses. "And you're seeing other men..." He groaned out before he placed his lips on mine again.

"Did you just do this with that guy?" He asked, pulling away, harsh eyes looking down at me as his chest rapidly rose and fell.

What was he talking about, what man? 

I haven't been with anyone else but Harrison... maybe... but maybe...

"Micah?" I confusingly asked, making Harrisons face darken. 

Wait- how much did Harrison see? "He's just a coworker." I blurted out, finally seeing what has Harrison so pissed off.

"We had dinner, he drove me back because of how late it was." I said as Harrison scoffed.

"He was in your fucking apartment, Charlotte!" He snapped out, moving away from me like I was fire.

Frustratedly, Harrison swore multiple times under his breath as he walked away, confused and heartbroken I stand in the same spot trying to catch my breathe from his kiss as I stared at him.

"Is that all it takes?" He laughs out, shaking his head as he turned and faced me, his face hard and his eyes cold.

"Just any guy will do for you won't it?" He asked, not giving me a chance to respond. "You ghost me so you can fuck around behind my back, I don't know why I believed you would wait for me, you're just a fucking slut, I'm just one of many." He laughed, shaking his head.

The moment the word left his mouth I was frozen... not once has anyone ever called me a slut, nor have I ever slept with any other man other than Harrison, he was my first experience yet...

This was what he thought about me, after all this time? After all I've said to him?

"What about you?" I quietly asked, my eyes to the floor, my chest beating wildly with hurt.

"What are you talking about? I fucking waited, I-"

"You said you'd come straight back!" I snapped out, tears falling from my eyes. "Y-You said I was what you wanted... but you still went back to her..."

The tears had fallen and all I could see was the angry, and confused look on Harrison's face.

"Her?" He mumbled frustratedly. 

"I broke up with her, like I said I would, but you- I tried to call you and you fucking abandoned me, just like last time, and now I see you've moved on with some fucking... fucking what, I don't know, replacement!"

"I thought we felt the same, but you did what you always do and play with my feelings, did you have fun?" He asked, his voice getting louder.

I was speechless, Harrison couldn't have been more wrong, but he didn't give me a chance to explain as he stepped forward and grabbed a hold of my hand, his height towering over me.