~Internal Tears~

As he was getting ready to go to his new high school, Greendale High, Mateo felt his body shaking in fear of talking to new people. Back home in Wisconsin, he talked to plants, trees and the crystal blue lake. Having to talk to people, yet alone strangers, had him internally crying.

After breakfast and putting on his white button-down shirt and red denim shorts he headed off for school with his siblings.
"You look a 6th grade mushroom like that, 'Teo," Gaten grinned. "More like some boy scout," Brianna laughed. "And this is why I hate taking the bus with you two!" Mateo rolled his tired eyes.
Like any other introvert, Mateo was already practicing his greeting to the new school.
'Say hello to all the teachers, but say  hi and hey to all the students' Mateo thought to himself.

"Bye, Mateo," Brianna said. "Gaten and I have to go to the senior's assembly. Ti amo ragazzo! Y asegúrate de no tener un colapso mental!"
"Bye, Brianna," Mateo replied. "Such sarcasm."

After barely making it through the busy hallways, being pushed around and struggling to find his locker, Mateo some how managed to make to lunch. After seeing hundreds of faces, he needed alone time. Seeing that the library was closed, the private garden was only for seniors and the bathrooms smelled like dirty socks and weed, he resorted to his last attempt at privacy, the gym. Unfortunately for him the gym seemed to be the busiest place in the school because of sweaty teenager boys playing basketball and girls admiring them.

"Ugh!" Mateo sighed, "Atleast there's a corner on the bleachers that's not entirely populated with thirsty females."
He rolled his eyes as he started to get comfortable, when suddenly somebody screamed, "Watch ou-"
It was too late.
Mateo found himself getting hit in the head with a basketball.

*Thanks for reading! See you next week!*