~Best Friend~

Mateo arrived at school the next day with a heavy heart. He was barely comfortable in his new high school and now there was the basketball captain trying to befriend him for his own sake... Not to get suspended. Mateo held Noah's hoodie in his hand while looking for his locker.
'How am I going to find his locker in this huge school?'

A short girl suddenly approached him. She was dressed in a tomboy-ish way. This mystery girl was wearing black oversized clothing and a Yankees cap.
Her and Mateo looked into eachothers eyes.

"Hey loser," Malia smirked. "The name's Mahlia! And I'm very curious to know why you are holding my brother's hoodie." "B-brother?" Mateo could hardly think straight. "Sorry you are very short! Looking down at you hurting my neck." "What did you say, douchebag!" Mahlia said with anger in her eyes. Her fists tighten. "Watch who you're talking to, midget! You are the one who looks foot feet."
Mahlia crossed her arms in fury while Mateo kept looking down at her
'Four feet?! Is she kidding!'
"I'm litteraly five foot eleven and a half, girly!" Mateo shot back.
Mahlia rolled her eyes. "Look! I'll take that hoodie and be on my way."
And like that, Mahlia grabbed the hoodie and stormed off blending into the crowd of teenagers. Mateo stared at her go.
'What did she mean by brother? Does Noah have siblings?'

Lunch came around and Mateo felt lost in the cafeteria. As he held his tray of food, he scanned the roomed. Mateo didn't feel like he fit in with the band geeks, or the book nerds and definetly not the student counsil kids. Then, he spotted Mahlia at the far end of the cafeteria and decided to sit with her. Mahlia's eyes wided as Mateo waved at her with a smile. He sat across from her and ate his lunch.
"Are you lost, kid?" She shrugged. "Nope," Mateo said. "My name is Mateo by the way."
He continued eating is food. "Look, Mateo," Mahlia laughed. "If this is your pathetic attempt at making friends, then you are in the wrong place." Mateo blushed because he was so embarrassed. "I- I think w-we got off-" "On the wrong foot? Agreed," She finished his sentence. "So... do you want to be friends, loser?" "Why should I befriend someone who called me a loser?" Mateo got closer to Mahlia's face with a smirk. She blushed at the beautiful sight. For a weird artist who was obsessed with mushrooms, he looked very attractive. Looking at Mateo's face up close was such a gorgeous painting to see.
"W-well uhm," Mahlia mumbled. "I- I really think you are a loser. Who sits with some redhead girl in the corner of a cafeteria?" "You seem friendly," Mateo said.
'Why did you have to lie, Mateo?' He thought to himself. 'Wow! For her boyish appearance, she smells lovely. Like strawberries and freshly picked roses.'

The two were so close. Mahlia's heart was racing.
'What is weirdo trying to do?' She thought to herself.
"Does this mean that we are best friends?" She asked. "If you want be?" Mateo said. "Well I guess my best friend is you," Mahlia smirked.
"I guess so."

*Thanks for reading see you soon! Don't forget to comment and vote this chapter(^-^) New chapters every Wednesday+Thursday!*