𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐞.

soulmates, everyone has them.

in this day and age, everyone has already met their partner for a lifetime.

they might've met them during their middle school or high school years- it doesn't matter.

mainly, whenever people enter their adulthood, they are expected to have met their soulmates. but to those who have yet to meet theirs weren't frowned down upon or what- they were pitied at.

because it's a sign that you're going to have to wait for fate to do its magic- or your life partner passed away.

the magic of this soulmate thing is simple- a small section of your hair is colored different from yours.

the color is the color of your soulmates.

but, how would you know if this person is your soulmate or not? we all have generic hair colors for fucks sake.

well, think about it like you're playing hot or cold.

whenever you're near your soulmate, that lock of hair will glow brighter and brighter until you're in front of them. and it goes back to its dull color whenever you are away from them.

if you do meet them, however, that lock of hair will forever stay vibrant- unless one of you die that is.

in the case of haitani y/n and sanzu haruchiyo, fate has yet to cross their paths.