Next In Line

"That sounds like a movie.", Jay said.

"It could be. Let's write it.", Jungwon replied.

Jungwon had just finished telling the new Jay about the lore surrounding him and his friends.

To say Jay was interested would be an understatement.

"So you're saying this Lily girl...she caused all of this for you. And yet...she gave all of us a second chance at life?"

"Only at the cost of you not being who you were before. You guys aren't the friends that I lost. You're different people, yet you have the same names and faces."

"That must be hard for you. If you need...I can comfort you. As long as you don't think it's awkward."

"I don't. I know deep down, part of who they were is in all of you. So I feel happy. They get to live on...even if it isn't as themselves."

Jungwon smiled.

He could finally have friends again.

He could finally feel happy again.

"That's sweet. So, who was Seonwoo to me before?"

"We were all friends. You and I dated, Seonwoo was in love with Heeseung and swore he didn't know Heeseung liked him back."

"Accurate. That's still true."

"Even in this life?"

"Yep. Heeseung is head over heals for my annoying brother. But hey, Seonwoo has plenty of people that like him."

"As he should. He deserves it. My Seonwoo...he went through so much."

"Poor kid. I hope their families can move on."

"Me too."

"Actually, today is a good day. You'll get to meet a few of the new boys."

"How come?"

"We're going to a carnival."

"Epiccccc. Can't wait."

"Hehe, I saw why your Jay liked you. You're cute."

Jungwon blushed as he kept walking.

Jay took him back to the apartment building.

"So where do you live?", he asked.

"Across town. I don't spend much time there on account of it being so dark a stuff."

"Well this apartment is always open. It's just me and the dumpling child anyways."