Chapter 3 Invitation to Hogwarts

Professor McGonagall was affronted by this man's attitude. She had never had anyone speak to her like that. Most people were in awe or a little frightened when they are informed their child is magical. All the Professor felt from these people was a defensive attitude and barely controlled violence from the father. The Professor knew she had to stay calm and appear as nonthreatening as possible.

“Mr. Briefs, I am not your enemy. If you would give me a moment to explain?”

Vegeta's eyes narrowed, “Everyone is our enemy. What makes you any different?”

“What can I do to prove I am not a threat?”

“Relinquish the weapon in your robes,” Vegeta demanded.

Professor McGonagall was surprised that this man knew she was armed. The Professor pulled out her wand and offered it to Vegeta. Vegeta smirked and used his speed to suddenly appear in front of the Professor and take her wand. McGonagall couldn't hide her surprise; the man moved so fast that she thought that he had apparated.

Vegeta inspected the so-called weapon and inwardly scoffed. This useless piece of wood was no comparison to a Saiyan's power. Vegeta doubted that it would harm any Saiyan. Vegeta crossed his arms and glared at the Professor, “Alright, old woman, I will give you a chance to explain why you are here, and if I am unsatisfied, I will kill you.”

“VEGETA!” Bulma yelled. “Please excuse him; Vegeta is very protective of his son,” Bulma said while ushering the Professor into the house.

Professor McGonagall did her best to hide her fear, but Vegeta smirked, there was no way she could hide the scent of her fear. Bulma rolled her eyes and offered a seat for the Professor. Vegeta and Ryujin stood on the opposite side behind Bulma. This was the first time that The Professor got a good look at the boy. She examined him closely. Ryujin was very well built for an eleven-year-old. He had wild black hair that defied gravity as his father did. The boy had a suspicious look on his face as his father did.

But what stood out were his eyes. While his father had eyes as black as coal, young Ryujin had the most beautiful green eyes, Minerva had ever seen. The more she looked at him, the more she recognized the shade of green. Minerva suddenly gasped when she remembered where she had seen those eyes.

“Harry,” She whispered.

Ryujin recognized the name, but did not react; his eyes narrowed at the older woman, “I have no idea who you think I am, but you are mistaken.”

Undeterred, Minerva continued, “Your name is Harry Potter. Your mother and father are Lily and James Potter.”

Upon hearing his mate's name, Vegeta couldn't hide his surprise, “How do you know of Lily?” Vegeta demanded.

Minerva eyed Vegeta suspiciously, “She was one of my best students at Hogwarts. She and James were married when they graduated from Hogwarts. Harry is their son.”

Vegeta threw his head back and laughed, “You are mistaken, human. Lily is my mate, and Ryujin is my offspring.”

“That is not possible, Harry was born after Lily and James were married.”

“Foolish, human, your so-called was never valid. Lily was mated to me and whatever primitive ritual you do will never change that.”

Minerva didn't understand why Mr. Briefs kept calling her human. Was he not the same?

“If what you're saying is true, Mr. Brief, then let us perform a paternity test on you.”

Vegeta laughed, “I do not need to prove anything to you, Old Woman. The boy is mine, I can smell it in his blood.”

Ryujin was beside his father and agreed.

“Now what nonsense do you need to spew? My patience is wearing thin.”

Minerva could tell that Vegeta's anger was increasing and she knew that without her wand she was in danger. So she launched into the speech she had told Muggle-Born children all her life. When she finished, Minerva could tell that neither father nor son was impressed. She timidly took out the school letter and offered it to Bulma who gave it to Ryu.

Ryujin read the letter and scoffed, “You expect me to attend a pathetic school that teaches parlor tricks?” Ryu asked.

Once again, Professor McGonagall was taken aback. Never had a muggle-born child refused to go to Hogwarts. She decided to play the sentimental card, “Hogwarts is the school your mother attended. Perhaps if you attend you could learn more about her?”

That did catch Ryujin's attention. He had often wondered about his mother. Ryu knew that Lily was at Kame's Lookout, being treated for her coma. His Uncle Goku had taken her from the human hospital using the instant transmission. His mother was under Dende and Mr. Popo's care. As soon as she showed signs of waking up, they would give her a Senzu bean to heal her, but in the meantime, Ryujin wanted to learn more about her.

Ryujin looked at his father and silently communicated with him. Vegeta sighed and agreed with his son. He turned to the Professor and agreed to let his son attend, “I have a few demands, you will not call my son Harry Potter. His name is Ryujin and he will answer to no other.”

Ryujin stood beside his father and agreed.

“If anything happens to my offspring, I will kill all of you and destroy your so-called fortress.”

Minerva swallowed hard, she could tell that Vegeta meant it. Her only hope was that this man couldn't get passed the Wards and that Dumbledore could protect them from this madman.

Minerva finally agreed and told them she would be back in a few days to take Ryujin to get his school supplies. Bulma took Minerva's wand from Vegeta and handed it back to the Professor. She bid them a hasty retreat and apparated back to Hogwarts. When she arrived, Minerva let out a shuttering breath. She wouldn't have admitted it at the time, but she had never been so frightened in her life.