Chapter 7 Exploration

The following day, the Slytherin Prefects gathered all the first-year students to take them to the Great Hall for breakfast. The Prefects were waiting for Ryujin to arrive; after a while, the prefect went to his room to wake him up. They found that Ryujin was already gone. A few moments later, Ryujin arrived sweaty from his workout. He had found a perfect spot to set up his gravity chamber room in a clearing in the Forbidden Forest. The forest was out of bounds, but it did not bother Ryujin.

“Where have you been?” The prefect asked.

“Training. I always wake up before dawn,” Ryujin explained.

There was nothing the prefect could say; there was no rule about getting up early. So, he let it slide, “Well, please get ready; we are waiting on you to go to breakfast.”

At the mention of food, the young Saiyan rushed to his room, quickly showered, and dressed in his workout clothes. After Ryu ate, he would continue his training. When he was ready, Ryujin joined the first years in the Common Room. Now that all the first years were assembled, they headed to the Great Hall. Hermione stepped in with Ryujin and smiled at him, “Good morning Ryu.”

Ryu smiled at his friend, “Good morning, Hermione. How did you sleep?” Ryujin asked.

“Very well, thank you. I thought I would have difficulty sleeping in the dorm, but I fell asleep almost immediately.”

Ryujin nodded, “That's good; I'm glad you slept well.”

“How did you sleep?” Hermione asked.

“Very well. We Saiyans can sleep anywhere,” Ryu replied.

Hermione nodded, and the pair continued to the Great Hall. The minute she and Ryujin walked in, all the chatter stopped, and everyone looked at them. Ryu ignored the stares and the murmurs and led Hermione to their table. They sat down across from Blaise and Draco. Once the duo was settled, Ryujin began piling food onto his plate. The others watched as Ryu ate enough food to feed a giant.

After a while, Blaise finally spoke, “How can you eat so much and not be fat?”

Ryujin looked up from his plate, “I need to eat a lot to keep up with my metabolism. I burn a lot of energy,” He answered.

Blaise and Draco looked at each other, confused. What was a metabolism? Seeing the confused look on their faces, Hermione explained to them what metabolism meant. Draco gave Hermione a dark look, but Blaise nodded.

Ryujin noticed the look that Draco gave Hermione and glared at him, “Watch your attitude, boy; I will only tell you this once; glare at my friend like that again, and I'll rip your eyes out.”

Draco looked at Ryu wide-eyed, then smirked, “Try it, and I'll tell my father,” Malfoy threatened.