The Missing Hero AU || 🌺/🌸

CONCEPT:
   Colle never gave up the seven crystals, and instead remained the Second Hero, disgraced and forgotten.

DETAILS:

• Our story starts in the Green Kingdom and around the new Green Leader's conference table. He is joined by the other Chromatic Leaders (aside from Red, Blue, and Indigo, of course) and Colle, aka the Second Hero. With the threat of Void gone, the leaders ask Colle for their crystals, due to their significance to their respective colors and who was sacrificed to make them.

• Colle was well aware of what could happen if he separated himself from the crystals. Without the Heart of Genesis, which he gave to the Red Leader to heal any injured red steves, he may never see the light of day after a few more nights. So, to avoid death, he declined as respectfully as possible.

• This response only angered the leaders. If he wasn't going to give back the crystals willingly, then they would have to do it by force. So that's what they did: they attempted to catch Colle before he could flee the room. Key word: attempted.

• Colle was able to escape and teleport to a random location, away from any and all steves. He ended up near the Great Library, after getting a mouthful of sand from landing in a dune. He wandered the desert for a bit until he saw a ruined structure in the distance. Colle sprinted towards it, and to his surprise, found Sharp inside, wearing red robes instead of his elite outfit.

• After explaining the curse, Sharp allowed Colle to stay in the library with him, and in return, Colle would protect Sharp should a threat find them. So for awhile, things were peaceful.

• ...Until Beef and Boss found them.

• At first, the pair were surprised to see Colle and Sharp in the library together. And then, of course, they got hear of the curse Sharp had obtained to even have the knowledge he now held. They were upset to hear that he couldn't return with them, seeing as the only reason they left the kingdom was to find him, but they managed to convince Colle to come back.

• Since the library was so isolated, Colle figured nobody dangerous would find Sharp there. He also had the Gate for company, so that settled the problem of loneliness. Figuring that he technically wasn't needed there, Colle returned to the Red Kingdom.

• Colle pitched in and helped with the construction of the new Red Kingdom, his powers making it easy to do so. It was finished up in less than a year, and he was given a nicer house as a gift for his help. This is where Colle would remain for the next forty years.

• When the Darkness returned, Colle was able to feel it. He sensed a disturbance in the air and snuck away to check it out. As it turned out, any remaining Darkness from forty years prior was sealed within a distant temple. And, of course, the non-steve who went inside it had no clue about this.

• Colle chose to be careful when he figured out Sabre's intentions, and helped him through the shadows. The Rainbow Hub? A place Sabre found by wandering through the woods. The portals? They would just light up "randomly" and allow Sabre the chance to meet each of the six other colors.

• Sabre had a slight suspicion that someone was watching him, but never thought much of it. He was more focused on trying to find the Second Hero, who all the Leaders said disappeared after refusing to give up the Rainbow Crystals.

• Sabre knows the only way to stop the Darkness is to find the Hero, so he sets off on a quest to find him. Little does he realize how close the Hero actually is.

• Colle was aware of what Sabre was trying to do, and took more precautions to hide from him. He even took up wearing a cloak to keep his identity secret, especially when he followed Sabre to one of the six kingdoms.

• Eventually, Sabre manages to catch Colle spying on him while in the Orange Village. Out of respect he doesn't remove Colle's hood, but he does ask why he followed him for so long. Left without a choice, Colle explains that he was trying to help, just from the shadows, and revealed he was the one who created the Rainbow Hub. That leads Sabre to ask if he was an orange steve, but Colle instead says that he would show him if they were in the Rainbow Hub.

• Once there, Colle removes his cloak, revealing that he was the Second Hero Sabre had been looking for. That gives the non-steve mixed feelings; on the one hand, he's happy he finally found who he was looking for, but it made him wonder why Colle didn't make himself known sooner.

• Colle explained his story to Sabre, including how he was pressured to give up the crystals, but refused so it wouldn't kill him. Sabre was able to empathize with Colle, and promised to make sure the Leaders didn't attempt to do that to him again.

• There's no coherent story plot after this point, mainly bc I'm just jotting down ideas at this point lol

• With the Crystals already infused with Colle, Void can't get them, because literally every other outcome except for the canon one prevents Void from becoming Rainbow Void lmao

• There was never a need for the Rainbow Kingdom to be built, and the Corrected Sun arc, therefore, never happened.

• However, after Colle traps Void in his dimension again, there's no demon arc, either.

• Some time after defeating Void, Colle is forgiven by the other Leaders, and everyone is on good terms. Happy ever after, right?

• Wrong.

• Colle wasn't particularly fond of staying in any of the new kingdoms, so he and Sabre stayed in the steve village. There, they find the Unnamed, chained up in the cave, as usual. Colle remembers seeing it when he and Spark went to investigate, and the memory still brings chills down his spine.

• After returning to the house, Colle tells Sabre about the Unnamed, and how he can feel a powerful source of energy from it. He can't explain why it's there, but it makes him feel uneasy and tells Sabre to be careful around it.

• ...So of course, in the usual Sabre fashion, he forgets and eventually releases one of the Unnamed chains.

• After that, the story is pretty much normal, except for the "Light becoming the Final Hero" thing. Light does exist in this AU, but he doesn't, you know, merge with the Crystals.

------------------------------------------------------------
𝕀 𝕗𝕖𝕖𝕝 𝕝𝕚𝕜𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝔸𝕌 𝕙𝕒𝕤 𝕤𝕠𝕞𝕖 𝕡𝕠𝕥𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕚𝕒𝕝 𝕗𝕠𝕣 𝕗𝕝𝕦𝕗𝕗 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕒𝕟𝕘𝕤𝕥 𝕒𝕥 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕤𝕒𝕞𝕖 𝕥𝕚𝕞𝕖. 𝕊𝕠 𝕪𝕜, 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕦𝕤𝕦𝕒𝕝 𝕗𝕠𝕣 𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝕗𝕒𝕟𝕕𝕠𝕞 𝕝𝕠𝕝
𝕀 𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕝𝕝𝕪 𝕕𝕚𝕕 𝕖𝕟𝕛𝕠𝕪 𝕔𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕥𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝔸𝕌 𝕥𝕙𝕠, 𝕞𝕠𝕤𝕥𝕝𝕪 𝕓𝕔 𝕀 𝕝𝕠𝕧𝕖𝕕 𝕊𝕥𝕖𝕧𝕖 𝕃𝕖𝕘𝕖𝕟𝕕𝕤 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕨𝕒𝕤 𝕦𝕡𝕤𝕖𝕥 𝕨𝕚𝕥𝕙 𝕙𝕠𝕨 𝕚𝕥 𝕖𝕟𝕕𝕖𝕕. 𝕆𝕙, 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕗𝕒𝕥𝕖𝕤 𝕠𝕗 𝔹𝕖𝕖𝕗 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕊𝕡𝕒𝕣𝕜 𝕚𝕟 𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝔸𝕌? 𝕋𝕙𝕖𝕪'𝕣𝕖 𝕒𝕝𝕣𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕕𝕚𝕕𝕟'𝕥 𝕓𝕖𝕔𝕠𝕞𝕖 𝔽𝕒𝕔𝕖𝕝𝕖𝕤𝕤 𝕒𝕟𝕕 ℝ𝕒𝕚𝕟𝕓𝕠𝕨 ℝ𝕖𝕕 :𝔻
ℂ𝕠𝕞𝕞𝕖𝕟𝕥 𝕚𝕗 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕨𝕒𝕟𝕥 𝕥𝕠 𝕤𝕖𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕄𝕚𝕤𝕤𝕚𝕟𝕘 ℍ𝕖𝕣𝕠 𝔸𝕌 𝕒𝕤 𝕒 𝕓𝕠𝕠𝕜!
------------------------------------------------------------