Born of Darkness AU || 🌸

CONCEPT:
What if Sabre was actually the creation of Void Steve?

DETAILS:

• Void is in his volcano, trying to come up with an idea for a new type of Darkness. A being that would be loyal to him, but can be deadly enough to destroy any steve type, if need be.

• Void begins experimenting with minions, with nothing quite meeting his standards. Soul and Corruption were made around this time, but even they weren't what Void was looking for.

• After getting Rainbow Steve on his side, Void got an idea. He created a being who wasn't a steve at all, then infected it with Darkness. To Void's thrill, it worked. He named the creation "Sabre," for how deadly he would be. The only catch? Sabre was a being who had free will to believe what he wanted to. Keep this in mind for later.

• It became pretty clear pretty quickly who Void's favorite was among Soul, Corruption, and Sabre. Even after Void became Rainbow Void, he would send Sabre out on several missions to further the fall of the "steves," as Sabre learned they were called.

• Sabre had a burning hatred for the steves. When he was first created, Void had told him how they had outcasted and shunned him, all just for being different. He created Sabre and the Darkness to eradicate them of their precious light and take away what gives them power: the Crystals.

• To reward Sabre for every successful mission he carried out, Rainbow Void gave him the Shadow Sword, the most powerful item that contained Darkness. With it, Sabre was able to destroy a countless amount of steves across the Rainbow Quest World.

• Meanwhile, the steves were unsure of what to do about Sabre. They were powerless against him, and he'd destroyed too many steves to keep track of. It's then that Violet Leader proposed creating the Rainbow Kingdom, where all steve colors could gather for safety. Sabre heard of this, and told Rainbow Void, but he told Sabre to let them build it. It would gather a large amount of steves in one place, after all.

• The steves are skeptical of why they haven't been attacked during the construction of the Rainbow Kingdom. They were in an open area, vulnerable to any sort of attack, and yet they were being left alone.

• While Sabre couldn't destroy any of the steves, Rainbow Void asked him to keep an eye on the kingdom and learn the weak points within it.

• It was a few months before Rainbow Void allowed Sabre to make a move against the Rainbow Kingdom. The goal was simple: break into the kingdom and destroy any steve he finds. For good measure, Soul and Corruption would go with him, leading an army of Darkness.

• When the attack commenced, no one was ready for it. Light Steve and his Colorless Guards weren't ready to face an army of that size, and very quickly fell. The rest of the kingdom wasn't far behind.

• While Soul and Corruption went ahead to the Citadel, Sabre stayed back to take care of anyone outside who wasn't either dead or infected. As he watched Darkness hunt down the steves, he felt something stir in his ebony heart. Alas, he did nothing to stop the fall of the kingdom.

• When the deed was done, the trio returned to Rainbow Void with the good news. While it pleased him, he took notice of Sabre's hesitation. Sabre brushed it off as him zoning out, but Rainbow Void didn't quite buy it. Yet he chose to bide his time and see just what was going on with his creation.

• The attack had begun to open Sabre's eyes the slightest bit. He could hear the screams of the steves, but especially what they said. They were pleading, begging, to be spared, and that they have done nothing wrong.

• Sabre chose to do some research on the true history of the steves and Darkness, and after finding the truth outside of what Void had told him, he was stunned. It then became Sabre's mission to help the steves instead of try to destroy them, as well as destroy Rainbow Void for the lies he fed Sabre.

• Sabre was able to track down a group of survivors from the Rainbow Kingdom, who chose to hide in a village not too far from the kingdom's wreckage. Naturally, they were terrified when they saw Sabre appear, and some even tried to capture him. He let them do so, surprisingly, and explained his reasoning for being there. The steves were hesitant to trust him, but when he willingly gave up the Shadow Sword, they decided to believe him.

• Sabre would continue to make several visits to the village and update the steves on Rainbow Void's plans. They were grateful for him and the risk he was taking for them, but some were still skeptical that he was trying to gain their trust and turn them in later.

• It was during one of these visits that Soul and Corruption were sent to follow Sabre. They were shocked when they found him plotting with steves in a village to take down Rainbow Void, and quickly left to report their findings. Rainbow Void told them to pretend nothing happened for the time being, and that they would deal with the steves later.

• A few weeks later, Soul and Corruption were sent on a "mission" to locate more steves. Sabre took the opportunity to visit the village again, only to find it in blue flames and all the steves in the midst of the fire. Low and behold, Soul and Corruption were the ones who did it.

• Sabre was stunned they knew what he was doing. The twins then told him to choose: them or the steves. Without hesitation, Sabre chose the steves and was able to free them from Soul and Corruption's grasp.

• With the village in ruins and Sabre a known traitor to the Darkness, the human and steves attempt to rebuild the village to its former glory. Seeing the steves in such despair gave Sabre the motivation to take care of Rainbow Void himself, for all the lies he fed Sabre and all the pain he caused the steves.

• Leaving under the cover of night, Sabre returns to Void's volcano, Shadow Sword in hand and vengeance his only purpose. However, it appeared Rainbow Void was expecting this; Soul and Corruption were waiting for him outside.

• With the vast amount of Darkness Sabre possessed, it was rather easy for him to kill the twins. Now he was only left with Rainbow Void, who awaited him in the throne room.

• A battle similar to the one in RQ takes place, only it follows a darker Sabre, a vengeful one who wants to be rid of Void for the lies he used to keep the human under his control.

• In the end, Sabre wins, though not without a cost. He was heavily wounded in the battle, but yet he prevailed and obtained the Rainbow Crystal, which he brought back to the steves.

• After hearing of Sabre's success in defeating Rainbow Void, the steves were given hope again. It was enough to bring in steve survivors that went into hiding and villagers from all over. The group went to the ruins of the Rainbow Kingdom and rebuilt it with the help of some orange and yellow steves. New, trustworthy leaders were established on the Rainbow Council, with Sabre as a consultant when he was needed. Everything seemed to be going smoothly.

• ...That is, until they returned.

------------------------------------------------------------
𝕀 𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕟𝕜 𝕀 𝕤𝕥𝕒𝕣𝕥𝕖𝕕 𝕨𝕠𝕣𝕜𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕠𝕟 𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝔸𝕌 𝕓𝕖𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖 𝕀 𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕟 𝕗𝕚𝕟𝕚𝕤𝕙𝕖𝕕 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕄𝕦𝕣𝕕𝕖𝕣 𝕄𝕪𝕤𝕥𝕖𝕣𝕪 𝔸𝕌 𝕝𝕠𝕝. 𝕊𝕠 𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝕙𝕒𝕤 𝕓𝕖𝕖𝕟 𝕒 𝕡𝕣𝕠𝕛𝕖𝕔𝕥 𝕚𝕟 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕨𝕠𝕣𝕜𝕤 𝕗𝕠𝕣 𝕒𝕨𝕙𝕚𝕝𝕖, 𝕝𝕚𝕜𝕖 𝕒𝕟𝕠𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕣 𝔸𝕌 𝕀 𝕤𝕥𝕚𝕝𝕝 𝕙𝕒𝕧𝕖 𝕪𝕖𝕥 𝕥𝕠 𝕗𝕚𝕟𝕚𝕤𝕙.
𝔸𝕟𝕪𝕨𝕒𝕪𝕤, 𝕀'𝕞 𝕙𝕠𝕟𝕖𝕤𝕥𝕝𝕪 𝕡𝕣𝕖𝕥𝕥𝕪 𝕡𝕣𝕠𝕦𝕕 𝕠𝕗 𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝔸𝕌. 𝕀 𝕙𝕒𝕕 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕚𝕕𝕖𝕒 𝕗𝕠𝕣 𝕚𝕥 𝕗𝕠𝕣 𝕞𝕠𝕟𝕥𝕙𝕤 𝕟𝕠𝕨, 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕀 𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕟 𝕡𝕝𝕒𝕟𝕟𝕖𝕕 𝕥𝕠 𝕞𝕒𝕜𝕖 𝕤𝕠𝕞𝕖 𝕧𝕚𝕕𝕖𝕠𝕤 𝕠𝕟 𝕚𝕥. 𝕀 𝕞𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥 𝕤𝕥𝕚𝕝𝕝, 𝕀𝕕𝕜 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
ℕ𝕠 𝕟𝕖𝕖𝕕 𝕥𝕠 𝕔𝕠𝕞𝕞𝕖𝕟𝕥 𝕣𝕖𝕢𝕦𝕖𝕤𝕥𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕗𝕠𝕣 𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝕥𝕠 𝕓𝕖 𝕒 𝕓𝕠𝕠𝕜, 𝕓𝕔 𝕀 𝕕𝕖𝕗𝕚𝕟𝕚𝕥𝕖𝕝𝕪 𝕡𝕝𝕒𝕟 𝕠𝕟 𝕥𝕦𝕣𝕟𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝕚𝕟𝕥𝕠 𝕠𝕟𝕖. ℙ𝕝𝕦𝕤, 𝕀'𝕝𝕝 𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕟 𝕨𝕣𝕚𝕥𝕖 𝕒 𝕤𝕖𝕢𝕦𝕖𝕝 𝕗𝕠𝕔𝕦𝕤𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕠𝕟 𝕨𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕡𝕖𝕟𝕤 𝕚𝕟 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝔻𝕖𝕞𝕠𝕟 𝔸𝕣𝕔 👀
------------------------------------------------------------