vanilla milkshakes

𝔱𝔯𝔦𝔤𝔤𝔢𝔯 𝔴𝔞𝔯𝔫𝔦𝔫𝔤𝔰 𝔩𝔦𝔰𝔱𝔢𝔡 𝔞𝔱 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔢𝔫𝔡 𝔬𝔣 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔠𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯

karl was positively buzzing for his first day at a new school. in fact, he was so excited that he hadn't managed a single minute of sleep the night before. he'd spent the whole night tossing and turning and waiting impatiently for the sun to rise high enough for him to finally get up and start his big day. the brunette couldn't stop imagining scenarios and conversations that could occur, who he'd meet and make friends with, what lessons he'd take and what they'd be selling at lunch.

he rolled over in his bed to check the time, his alarm clock blinking back a bright red 5:48. his alarm was set for 6:30, but he figured that it wasn't too early to get up any more, so he might as well just start his day a little earlier than he had initially anticipated.

the brunette swung himself out of bed, his body feeling just a little tired from his lack of sleep. he made the executive decision to start his day by heading downstairs to get himself a monster from the fridge. usually, his parents would scold him for having the energy drink so early (or even at all, honestly) but since they weren't awake yet it hardly mattered. drink in hand, he made his way back upstairs, heading into his bedroom to get his phone. karl leant the device up on his bedside cabinet, opening snapchat and starting a video, recording himself as he popped open the monster tab.

he sent the video back to his friend in england, george, knowing the brit would be amused by karl's unchanged behaviour. he always enjoyed pissing off the brit with his constant obsession over the fizzled sound of opening a can. regardless, after sending the video he switched his phone back off, knowing the brunette wouldn't reply for a while, and got to work getting ready.

karl's family had moved to england six years ago, and back there he was required to wear a uniform to school: shirt, tie, blazer, dress pants, white socks and oxfords. now, back in america, he wasn't tied down by the shackles of a uniform and finally had the freedom of clothes to express himself- an exhilarating prospect for the brunette.

after careful consideration, karl had decided (during his sleepless night) that he was going to go for something simple for his first-day outfit. don't get it wrong, karl always craved attention, but he wasn't fond of standing out so much whilst still being conceived as 'the new kid.'

though, even after his restless night, karl hadn't decided exactly what he would wear, so now he stood, staring into his closet with a monster in hand, carefully deliberating his options.

he pulled out a colour-block hoodie, holding it up against him and turning to face his full-body mirror. this had always been his favourite hoodie but, considering his disinterest in standing out, he figured it wouldn't be the best idea, throwing the jumper back onto his bed.

minutes dripped by, and the pile of clothes on his bed grew bigger and bigger, a few shirts sliding off of the heap and onto the floor. though eventually, he settled on an outfit, choosing a simple beige jumper, decorated in cute brown flowers, some bigger some smaller, but all in the same shape and colour scheme, only varying in shade. with that, he settled on some simple black, straight-legged jeans, cuffing them up at the bottom so his vans were still visible peeping out under them.

karl admired his outfit in the mirror, mentally convincing himself that it was a good choice and he shouldn't waste his time reconsidering for the millionth time. he decided that, to give the outfit more flavour and hopefully attract the attention of other cool students, he would finish it off with some jewellery, sliding on a few rings and clipping a silver chain to his belt loops.