toadstools, flowers and blankets (april fools)

𝔱𝔯𝔦𝔤𝔤𝔢𝔯 𝔴𝔞𝔯𝔫𝔦𝔫𝔤𝔰 𝔩𝔦𝔰𝔱𝔢𝔡 𝔞𝔱 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔢𝔫𝔡 𝔬𝔣 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔠𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯

karl climbed up the ladder to his house. it's made of string and spare twigs, and it shakes with every new step he takes, but he's gotten used to it after years of making his way up and down the stem of his toadstool.

his wings ache from the long day behind him. he'd hardly even flown much today, but he picked so many flowers in his human form and then shrunk them down, not realising how much his backpack would weigh down on his shoulders and, therefore, his wings.

it was worth it though because, now, after a long day of collecting, karl has just about everything he needs to make the most beautiful flower crown ever seen in the kingdom of fantasopia. plus, he may even have some leftovers to make a display on his stick-table.

karl makes it into his dining room and dumps all of his precious wildflowers onto the floor, smiling and his beautiful collection. it looks amazing, and he can't wait to impress the kingdom with his craftmanship.

there is a competition going on with the locals of fantasopia, and whoever makes the best flower crown will get a prize that any being would kill for.

though, as a fairy of love, karl wouldn't really kill for anything. still, it's a figure of speech, or something like that.

dream taught him about it one time, but most things that the wizard says go right over his head. he speaks too proper, and his words are too long, and karl is always far too busy swinging in his knee-length beard like it's a swingset at a playground to focus on anything coming out of the older man's mouth.

most wizards are awfully protective over their beards, but dream has always been more funner than any of the other witches and wizards in their kingdom.

karl startles out of his thoughts when he sees something drip down into his beautiful flowers.

he looks up quickly, gaze flicking over the ceiling of his toadstool, and feels his jaw drop at the wet patch seeping through his roof.

anger furls through him, burning up so hard that he has to stomp.

it hasn't even been a month since bad, the building fairy, promised that karl's roof would be waterproof from rain. apparently, because rain water is so dispersed, it will never be strong enough to pile up and leak through into karl's house.

clearly, badboyfairy is a big fat liar.

karl stomps back towards the exit of his house, his whispy brows furrowed together in fury as he climbs out of his door and back down his shaky ladder.

it's still so bright outside, karl struggles to see how it can be raining so badly when the sun is shining hard. then again, the weather goblins always like playing tricks on the poor residents of fantasopia. well, JOKES ON THEM, because fairies thrive when there are rainbows, so there weather teasing will only be beneficial in the long run. even if it is causing carl's precious flowers to get wet.

karl lands two feet on the floor and takes about five steps before the rain stops.

he furrows his brows in confusion before shaking his head and turning back towards his house. if the rain has stopped, he will go back to his crown making. his argument with bad will have to wait until some other day.