suspension

𝔱𝔯𝔦𝔤𝔤𝔢𝔯 𝔴𝔞𝔯𝔫𝔦𝔫𝔤𝔰 𝔩𝔦𝔰𝔱𝔢𝔡 𝔞𝔱 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔢𝔫𝔡 𝔬𝔣 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔠𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯

tommy did not want to die.

the idea of actually committing suicide didn't plague his mind.

the younger blonde simply found comfort in the idea of having so much control over his own life.

he used to cut. he would slice open his skin until his fingers went tingly and he knew he had to stop. he had power then.

recently, the blonde had found a new addiction. one that made him feel just as strong, just as powerful.

he hadn't been doing it for long, still the tall boy had no recollection of how his hobby began.

almost every night, when the house fell silent and his family slept, tommy would go out to his treehouse -the one he hadn't habituated for years- and he would climb off it onto one of the taller branches.

from there he would sit, peacefully under the night sky. peacefully staring at the stars. peacefully kicking his feet into the nothingness below him. peacefully, with a thick length of rope harnessed around his neck.

tommy did not want to die.

he just found comfort in the feeling, the danger.

he knew that with a simple push he would hang hopelessly, left suspended until some unfortunate member of his family came out and found him.

he also knew that he would never do that, not just to himself, but to them.

if there was one thing keeping tommy holding on to the fragile concept of life, it was his family.

them, and the fact he didn't want to die.

techno and wilbur did not want tommy to die.

the idea of their younger brother committing suicide had, admittedly, crossed their mind.

they knew he struggled with his mental health, and they knew he wouldn't ask for help even if he needed it.

which is why wilbur was particularly concerned when he noticed his brother going outside at some ridiculous time each night and disappearing into the darkness of their garden.

the brunette watched this same routine pan out for two weeks before his worry became too much for his anxiety and he told techno.

the first night, techno was unbothered.

on the third night, he questioned if maybe tommy had taken up some kind of drugs- maybe he was leaving to smoke?

after a week, he too became concerned.

and so, it became an unspoken tradition that every night -when the whole house was meant to be asleep- the two older boys would meet in wilbur's room and stare out into the darkness of their garden, only retreating to the comfort of their own beds when they saw him returning to the back door.