daunting

𝔱𝔯𝔦𝔤𝔤𝔢𝔯 𝔴𝔞𝔯𝔫𝔦𝔫𝔤𝔰 𝔩𝔦𝔰𝔱𝔢𝔡 𝔞𝔱 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔢𝔫𝔡 𝔬𝔣 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔠𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯

sapnap was having a bad day. karl could tell from the moment he woke up alone that the ravenette couldn't be in a good mood- nothing serious, just woke up on the wrong side of the bed.

it startled the brunette a bit because he had made a plan in his head for how he wanted the day to go but now he was worried it might not go to plan because of the other's mood. sapnap couldn't help feeling pissy, of course, but karl's whole body itched uncomfortably at the thought of his schedule being ruined.

he hated when plans were changed because it threw him off and left him feeling lost and confused- neither of which were good feelings.

it seemed he was right, too.

when karl had gone to bed the night before, he had felt soft around the outsides. his mind was floaty and his chest felt like it was filled with air, so he had planned that he would wake up small and his boyfriend would make him breakfast whilst he finished his colouring he'd started almost a week ago now when he last regressed.

a week was a while for him, since he liked to be small every few days or so usually, but they had been so busy and he just felt as though he didn't have time.

what happened instead, was that karl woke up still feeling fuzzy. it was bothering him like a weight on his chest- similar to the feeling of not being able to sleep when you're tired or being hungry but not knowing what you want to eat.

he had turned to his boyfriend in the hopes that the ravenette could help him just to find sapnap not there.

so, he had pulled himself out of bed, staying in his warm pyjamas beside the voice telling him he was big and needed to be responsible and get dressed and dragged himself down the hallway. when he arrived at the top of the stairs they looked longer than usual and it was a tell-tale sign that he was on the verge of slipping.

he sort of wanted to scootch down on his bum just to be safe but he was big and his legs weren't even wobbly so he just took a grounding breath and slowly walked down, hand holding tightly on the bannister.

he had found sapnap in the lounge, head in his hands as he looks down at some paperwork on their coffee table.

"sap?" he remembers calling out gently, shuffling in the ravenette's direction.

sapnap had waved a hand, shaking his head in what looked like annoyance. "not now karl."

the brunette took the words like a kick to the chest, trying to sound as big as possible as he replies, "okay," before walking himself to the kitchen.

that leads us to wear karl is now, staring around the room that feels bigger than usual and trying his best to work out what he is supposed to be doing.

he knows he's slipping, quite quickly by the feels of it, and he knows it's not good. he wanted sapnap there to ease him into it, lower him gently down to the comfort of his little headspace and cradle him there, but karl felt like he was plummeting.

sapnap was supposed to make him breakfast, that was the plan, and yet here the brunette was, all alone, staring at the big cabinets and wondering what he is supposed to be eating.