5 A Lesson in Boobytraps

Looking out the far end of the temple exit, Daedalus can see that the sun has made it westward of its highest point. He knows it is time to get back on the road.

Looking down at his sidekick's dozing face, Daedalus doesn't want to wake him, he doesn't want to bring him back to this hell. He traces his cheek with his thumb and wishes he can take him far from here.

Icarus slowly opens his eyes.

"Is it time?" he asks groggily.

His keeper nods but does not move. He just continues to massage his lad's head. Another minute or two passes before Daedalus can find the power to get going. He helps Icarus off of him and then the son reaches down to help lift him up.

Icarus grabs the vials he retrieves from behind the etching and ties them to the leather cord that belts his waist.

Walking out from under the shade of the temple, the air immediately becomes fifteen degrees hotter. The two men walk along the west side of the hall now to stay in the shadow cast by the wall.

Close to an hour passes without either of them speaking.

Daedalus is thinking about how Icarus isn't a little boy anymore. He has strong legs and a solid torso. And his man pole was a good size in his Daedalus's hand when he grabbed it earlier.

Icarus too is thinking about the events of the temple. Two times his love tool ended up in his begetter's face and neither time did he seem embarrassed or mad about it. Then there was when his guardian took it upon himself to fix Icarus' perizoma and in doing so grabbed his hardening pork stick. It felt so natural that Icarus wasn't even uncomfortable. But he knew there was something morally wrong with the situation.

As they round a corner, Icarus notices a small bottle on a short pedestal ahead.

"Look, Sir, more potions!" he lets out and then sprints to go after it.

"Rus, no!" Daedalus screams after his boy, but he knows it is too late.

Icarus' shin makes the connection with the almost invisible string running from one wall to the other in front of the treasure. With a hiss, the pedestal that is holding the booty shoots out dozens of darts in all directions.

Just as a half dozen are spit directly at Icarus, Daedalus slams him against the far wall and acts as a human shield.

"Fuck!" he growls in his Rus' ear. His body goes stiff and smashes Icarus even more against the wall. Even from his angle, Icarus can make out the painfully scrunched face and richly gritted teeth of his stand-in dad, knowing he has just saved Icarus from disaster.

When Daedalus knows the boobytrap is done dispensing its darts, he slumps down against his son.

"Daed, I am so sorry," he says in a quiet voice, trying to quell the feelings of guilt and sadness.

"It's okay, son. I rather it be me than you. Just next time make sure you listen more closely."

Daedalus rests against Icarus for a few minutes. The younger helps to hold the elder upright. Finally, the older man hobbles backward a step or two.

"Let me help you out," Icarus insists, stepping behind Daedalus to see the damage.

Seeing what happened makes him feel even worse. There are four deep cuts where darts had sliced him on their way by, two on his back, one on his thigh, and one on his arm. Even more terrible, two darts lodged in the older man's skin, one in his left flank and one in his left glute.

"Okay, I am going to extract the darts from your side and ass," Icarus says. "But first let's get you out of your loin so I can see what I am doing and clean your wounds well."

The older man thinks nothing of it when Icarus unhooks his leather belt strap and unwraps the bloody loin from around his body. Icarus is very careful around the wounds and double careful where the darts are still lodged.

With a quick rip, Icarus pulls a few inches of cloth from his stepfather's loin to use to wash him up.

"This is gonna hurt, Sir," he says as he stands behind him ready to dislodge the arrows, one from his side and the other from his mound of man flesh.

"Just do it, Rus!" Daedalus barks.

With quick, fluid yanks, the dart slides from Daedalus' body.

"Fahhk!" the stud barks, but the pain is instantly replaced with the cool liquid of the blue ointment Icarus had found back in the temple.

"How did you know that blue stuff would help," Daedalus asks as Icarus gets to work cleaning his wounds.

"When I was traveling, I met a healer in a small town and he said this same tree sap & menthol mix cools burns and cuts and helps the healing process."

Icarus spends extra time on the wound that the dart in his senior's arse left behind. He rubbed it and patted it. He liked seeing the stud's muscular ass jiggle.

Then he came around to the front of the large man. Taking his arm, Icarus cleaned up the cut across his bicep.

"You are good at this," Daedalus compliments. "Your hands are careful and steady."

"Thanks," he says smiling at the guy next door he has known all of his life but is starting to feel differently about.

Squaring in front of him, Icarus gets to cleaning the streak of red that runs across his patriarch's upper thigh. It is a long cut but not too deep. He takes his time, collecting the nice view of his protector's thick rod and stone sack and saving it to his memory banks. While wiping some of the dried blood that had made its way between Daedalus' legs, Icarus let the back of his hand run up and down his patient's dick and balls.

His companion must have noticed because just as his member twitches with life, he says, "Thanks for the top-notch service, Rus."

Stepping back away from his son, he bends down to grab his loin and wraps back up.

"Are you okay to keep going?" Icarus asks.

"Yeah. We will take it slow, but I am good," the man says as he reties the leather cord around his waist.

Icarus stares at the hunk for a moment to make sure he isn't playing any games. He doesn't want him to be walking more today if his wounds hurt too badly.

"Really, Rus, I am fine. I had a great caregiver and now I am ready to move on," his smile is genuine.

He swings his arm across the shoulders of his best friend's son and starts walking him along the path.

"Truly, I am good. You did a great job. Thank you."

And with that, Daedalus kisses his cheek, and in the next second swats his ass playfully.

Yup, he is okay, Icarus thinks to himself, as they make their way down the path under the setting sun.