Conflicted

Thursday, February 5, 2022📍Norbrook, Kingston5 A

📍Norbrook, Kingston
5 A.M

Waking up to the most irritating sound ever my mood instantly became dull. I swear Apple did something to this alarm because there is no way it's so annoying.

Hands down the most annoying alarm in the world, but it alone can wake me

Taking my phone up I switch the alarm off and contemplate whether or not I should get up or go back to sleep

I could get another hour of rest since I already ironed my uniform the night before but I knew that if I went back to sleep I might not get up in time.

Ever since I got to 6th form my parents no longer care when I go to school, just as long as I maintain my good grades.

I take advantage of that thought

All two days fi the week me guh school

I told myself I'd do better so I'm going to start today

With that, I got up, tidied my room, and began preparing for school.

I did my silk-pressed hair in a low bun with dramatic edges, tied it down, and hopped in the shower.

****************************************
7:05 a.m

Dressed in my uniform I called Earl to tell him I was ready.

Earl nah come til all 7:30, so I have time to get something to eat

I got my car back a while ago but I haven't gotten approved to drive it to school as yet.

Unless I'm going to park it elsewhere and not on the compound I can't drive to school. Parking off campus is not ideal so I'll just keep using Earl for now

I went to the kitchen and settled on the overnight dinner my mom cooked yesterday.

Wednesday Thursday tingz

She had a 4:30 shift at the hospital so she already plated the food out for me and put it in the fridge.

Taking the plate out I saw a note pasted on the top.

"Eat up yuh food so your ass gets fatter, I won't be home until Saturday since I have a 48 hr shift. I left money on my desk in the office so take care and call me. With love mom❤️"

Aww I love her.

With a bright smile, I placed the plate in the microwave and set the timer for three minutes.

As soon as I saw one second remaining I took it out and started digging in.

Something about the beeping after it done just doesn't sit right with me

Yuh woulda think har mouth a cooler to how she greedy.

Lowe me nuh subby

After eating I cleaned up and went to sit down on the couch in the living room