Chapter Nine: Laundry Wrecker.

February 20th, 1967
Curtis Brother Household

"DARRYL!" Soda yelled. "Have you seen my DX hat?"

Darryl just walked out of the kitchen and looked.. "Wasn't it in the same bag you used to take with you when we went to New York two months ago?"

"Maybe." Soda sighed. "I guess you're right, I'll look there."

"Howdy!" Two-bit said as he walked through the door. "Dang, Soda! What did you lose this time?"

"My DX hat, you dingbat!" Sodapop yelled.

"Don't come glaring at me." Two-bit rolling his eyes, already defending himself.

"Says the guy who stick my toothbrush in his ass." Soda replied.

"Ugh, I apologized for that!" Two-bit yelled.

"You still owe me a new toothbrush, and let's see, it's been about two months!" Soda yelled again.

"I'm just going to... Darryl whispered. Then shouted, ENOUGH!"

Soda and Two-bit stared at him in silence.

"Two-bit, me and Soda are going to head out for a awhile." Darryl said. "In the meantime, in order to feel the guilt from the toothbrush incident, then at least help us with the laundry."

"Haha, you got to be kidding, right?" Two-bit laughed but none of the others laughed.
"You're not kidding, are you?"

"I'm not." Darryl grinned.

"Oh, come on!" Two-bit groaned as he threw himself on the couch. "Why do I?! "

"Didn't you hear what he just said, you ding ball?!" Sodapop yelled again.

"Laundry, do it." Darryl said to Two-bit.

"Ugh, fine." Two-bit said as he got up and stretched his muscles.

"The basket of clothes is right there by the table, the washing soap is in upstairs bathroom, and you got to hang the clothes outside, since there's no tool to make things easier yet." Darryl replied.

"What are you implying?" Two-bit replied.

"You got to hang them outside, did you think that there was a tool already existing for washing clothes?" Darryl asked.

"Uh, yes." Two-bit mumbled.

Darryl just handed him the basket and he turned around to face him before he left with Soda. "Ay, goodness gracious. When we come home, the laundry better be done."

"Yeah, I get it!" Two-bit yelled.

Twenty minutes later

"It's been twenty minutes and I don't understand how to make the wet clothes stop dripping!" Two-bit said to himself.

Two-bit threw all of the dripping wet clothes into the basket, and walked to the room where the window is usually open, for the clothes to get dry.

Two-bit placed the basket on the ground, and I looked around. "Damn, this room is very small. And a little window too? How very cute." He chuckled. "Darryl did say to hang the clothes on this gray string that hangs above me?"

Two-bit tugged on the string, and lightly let go out of it. "Kind of soft, if you ask me."

As he was about to hang out the clothes, he looked outside the window seeing Marcia walk by, and he tripped over an can of paint, and it spilled over the clothes he was about to hang up.

"Oh no!" Two-bit yelled. "Fuck! How did paint get on this? This is supposed to be a laundry room?!"

Two-bit got up, and wiped himself down with his hands. He went to the sink in the room, and washed them then dried them. He then put on a pair of gloves, and headed back towards the clothes. He bended down on his knees and grabbed them two by two. He gently hung them up on the gray string with the wooden clips. Then, he tried to clean the clothes by spraying the bleach spray all over the paint, which was a bad idea.

"Why are they turning orange?!" Two-bit asked. "There supposed to be getting rid of the stain, making it return it's normal color of the clothes! This isn't good!"

Ten minutes later

Darryl and Soda had returned from where they went earlier, and they noticed an huge bloop of paint on the carpet floor, leading all the way up to the laundry room.

"What is the meaning of this?" Darryl exclaimed.

"I accidentally stained all your clothes." Two-bit mumbled.

"I'll let it slide if you buy soda an toothbrush instead of me." Darryl replied.

"Deal." Two-bit sighed.