4

Helping out a old friend

Im gently woken up by a nudge to my left shoulder, but have yet to open my eyes. I hear a soft sigh be released and then the drivers door shut close. I slowly open my eyes to notice the car has been parked in a drive way that is all to familiar. I sit up and rub my naked face, a slight yawn escaping past my lips. I cough a little from a very dry throat, in the middle of the consel I reach for the half full water bottle and take a sip. I then open the viser to take a glimpse at my complexion. Well lets just say if you ever seen a girl or yourself with a naked face then you understand.

I reach down to where my feet were and lifted up my black medium sized backpack. Unzipping it I pulled out my cell phone to be met with 120 messages 80 missed calls 40 voice mails all from the same people: My mom, step-dad, Madison , Micheal, Ashton, Norie, Lane, Scarlett and even Allie. I let out a big sigh and shut off my phone.

I remember the day me and luke decided to delete all our social accounts, and purpose not bring our chargers so that way it'll be easier for our phones to die and we won't be tempted.

It sucked that day because it felt like I had no life without my social accounts, I felt left out of the world if you know what I mean. And I realize now that.....all that didn't matter. My social life didn't matter, because now.....all my life now is.....luke. It's amazing and terrifying all at once, just to know that my NEW life is and will always be with Luke.

Scary isn't it? My mind said.

Yes....very.

I hear the light jiggle of the passenger door to my right open and comes in veiw luke. He gives me a weak smile and reaches over me to un-buckel my seat belt. He then picks me up bridal style and places me softly on my feet as if I'm to weak to let myself down. We look at eachother intensely, oblivious to our surroundings. Luke then moves his right hand and places it on my cheek, his thumb rubbing softly and sending heat through out my being. I sigh softly and briefly shut my eyes to enjoy the small interaction. I then feel warm moist skin on my lips, soft yet rough, a perfect fit and shape for mine, a second hand comes in contact with my cheek and pulls my face closer to theirs. I wrap my small hands around his neck and stand on my tippy toes to his extreme height and my unlikable shortness.

All in a matter of seconds we apart but not completely for our foreheads to not touch. I'm then lifted onto Luke's shoulder without warning and let out a gasp. Luke's laugh vibrates off his body and on to mine, I can't help but to forget everything that's happened in this short year of mine and his life. We've come so far for it to ruin us now, even in the strangest situations. Luke then walks us towards the door of the small apartment home and gladly puts me down.

"Are you sure Calum is ok with us coming up here to rest?" I ask with my eyebrows furrowed while reaching for Luke's hand and giving it a light squeeze.

"Of course, after all he is the one that helped us get away in time for no one to notice." Luke said sending me a smile, bending down to kiss my temple.

I take the opportunity to turn towards the front door and knock three times. We wait patiently for the door to open hoping that Calum is home and isn't out. We then hear rustling coming from inside the apartment and a few cuss words here and there. The door soon then swigs open revealing a tired stressed out Calum. He smiles briefly, with eyes wide I'm quickly pulled into a bone crushing hug, a bit trown off at first I simply return the gesture with as much strength as possible. Soon of being released I turn my head up slightly to be greeted by a very tense luke. Jaw locked with low but heavy breathing looking directly at Calum as if he has done something vey wrong.

"Luke?" I ask with a questioning look.

"Mmmhh." Was all he said.

"Agh calm down mate, it was a thing of the past, let it go and come here." Calum said out stretching his hand and connecting it with a still very tense luke and bring him into a man huge.

That's when I remembered, two weeks after I had meet luke I went to a different kick back and met Calum. Luke had brought him along to keep him company. Later that night we all decide to play suck and blow. It was this stupid game were you put a card on your mouth and suck, then pass it to the person next to you on the lips while you blow and they suck to pass it around, but if the card drops you are to drink and kiss the person next to you that dropped the card. I was between Calum and Ashton, and I remember Madison clearly telling me if I drop the card between me and Ashton I would pay the consequences. Of course she was joking and we both laughed it off. Soon it was mine and Calums turn. From my the coner of my eye I clearly saw luke tense up and before I knew it Calums lips were on mine. They were cold and sticky from the alcohol that night. Soon I felt the emptiness of his lips and was trown off when I saw luke on top of Calum. No punches were thrown; just alot of arguing. I was then told by Madison that luke had confessed he liked me to her and Calum two nights before. So Calum took it into his own manners and thought it would be funny to see Luke react. I still laugh at that memory even though luke hates bring it up. I like it because it was the first time I had seen Luke show anything towards me since the first time I had met him.

"So how was the get away?" Calum questioned with a hint of humor in it.

"Shut up." I said with a smile. "Now invite us in before I pass out of exhaustion and lack of a home cooked meal."

"Still the sassy type I see?" Calum said with one eyebrow raised and a smug smile.

"You have no idea." A now relaxed luke said while shaking his head with a smirk looking down at me.

"Must be a different story in bed." Calum stated turning towards me with eyes roaming my body up and down.

"Hey!" I shouted, smacking his arm.

He just laughs and waves his hand for us to come in.

"Ok so you'll get jealous of him hugging me but won't get jealous of him making sex jokes about me?" I question Luke while walking into the apartment with his arm wrapped around my waist. He lets out a low chuckle before answering.

"Well he isn't wrong." He says with a smirk. I roll my eyes at his comment which consists of him smiling and shaking his head.