3

"Oh come on Rimie! It's your eighteenth birthday! We have to celebrate!" Madison complained.

"I don't know Madison? I would love to celebrate, but we both know that he'll be there ." I tried convincing my best friend.

Me and Madison have known each other since fourth grade but had become best friends freshman year of high school , when we both made it to the dance team and started hanging out more often then we should . Which really didn't bother neither of us 'cause it only brought us closer. I knew every single one of her secrets and she knew mine . I couldn't imagine my life without her. She was the crazy sassy I dont give a fuck type of girl but at the same time had the biggest heart out of anybody that I've met. Madison is a year older than me and when the year came that I would spend my senior year of high school without her , it broke my heart to just know that she wont be there giving me advise over school troubles or comfort me when I was having boy troubles. Its funny because we both share the same interest in things like boy bands, clothing, makeup or even who we thought would get pregnant first. Basically your classic teenage movie. Other than the fact that we were in the dance team and were both captins our senior year. I was more afraid of losing her to the college life that she was heading towards, but thankfully but sadly Madison decided she had enough of the whole education thing and drop out of college. She used the funds she saved up and went off to travel the state first , and I quote " eventually the world with me right by her side."

Not even had three months had passed from her graduation day that she met a guy named Ashton Irwin . She told me that they met in a coffee shop in dowtown Seattle where she was visiting at the time . She told me that one day early in the morning she decided to go get a cup of vanilla chocolate chip frap just to pass the time and hopefully wake her up for the ' adventure ' as she called it, that was ahead of her. When she got to the coffee shop and walked to a table for two it was brought to her attention of the waiter walking up to her to take her order. When he finally arrived at her table they both locked eyes with one another and watched eachother for what felt like hours and soon realized that from that moment on everything would change.

Sometimes I wish thats how it would have worked out with me and Michael , and that we both knew that we would both be together for ever and everything will be okay. Then again, there's always one mistake that can ruin everything.

"Hello earth to Rimie? " Madison said while waving a hand in my face.

"Sorry I was just-..."

"Daydreaming? I know.......it always happens when you over think about something. " Madison said. "Look ,I know you dont want Michael to be there after what happened......but you have to give him credit Rimie. Even though I hate his stupid ass for lying to you about getting drunk and almost hooking up with Allie, which thank god it was just a rumor going around . He is the one throwing this birthday bash for you in the first place. In my opinion, it just shows that he still cares about you."

"Yeah you're right...but It still hurts to know that the rumors were slightly true. You feel me?" I said to Madison while standing up from my bed and walking to my full body length mirror.

For the "birthday bash" I was supposedly having.

I decided to wear a navy blue sundress that had spaghetti straps criss-crossed in the back with a low cut in the front between my breast, the dress reached one inch below my butt, so I guess it was a bit to short, but oh well. My shoes were open toe light brown wedges which complemented my legs very well and made me taller than I really am.

" okay yes you look hot....now lets go! It started twenty minutes ago!" Madison scolded me .

*

We make it to Michael's house in under ten minutes due to the fact that he lives less than three blocks away from me. We walk up the drive way and there were drunk teenagers all around the lawn and in the house. We walk through the door and the one decent home I used to eat dinner, watch movies, make out, and sneak into, was now a total mess. With bottles and drunken teenagers grinding on eachother to the up beat music and playing those useless drinking games.

"Hey! Were have you been?!" Michael basically shouts over the music .

"Sorry we're late, but I had to try and convince Rimie here to come, which she agreed." Madison shouts back to Micheal, which he instantly smiles from ear to ear. He quickly pulled me into a tight embrace and by the way he smells I can already tell he's a bit buzzed, but theres this different scent I can't quite put my finger on?

"I'm glad you made it." He whispers in my ear.

"Yeah...me too." I whispered back . The familiar feeling of being held by him is all too much for me now. Before everything that happened I never thought the day would come that I didn't want his soft lips on mine, the way he would whisper sweet sweet things in my ear, playing with my hair while cuddling up next to eachother, and most of all telling me he loves me.

"Look, I'm sorry about everything that has happened and I want to make it up to you." He says with hopeful eyes and a shy crooked smile.

" I know you are....but its not that easy for me to forget. Plus, how are you going to make it up to me?" I ask with my eyebrow arched up.

" haha...I love it when your eyebrows do that!" Michael laughs while throwing his head back with his right hand clenched to his left rib cage.

"Okay come on! Lets go get Rimie fucked up!" Madison yelled, already walking to the kitchen area. Michael chuckles then looks me in the eyes , nervously reaching out to grab my hand, which I expected him to do. I take his offer and he leads me to the kitchen.

When we both enter the room I let go of Michaels hand and noticed a frown appear on his face. I decided to ignore the guilt I felt in my gut and walked over to Madison, who was currently talking to someone.

"There you are! Rimie, I want you to meet someone." Madison says, when I turn my head to look at the person, my breath gets caught in my throat and my eyes go wide at the sight of him.
He was at least over six feet tall, and had golden yellow hair. He looked at me and then his blue eyes darted quickly toward the floor timidly and hardly met mine after that. I noticed his cheeks turn slightly pink as do mine he also had a lip pricing which made my heart flutter.

"Rimie this is Luke.....Luke this is my best friend Rimie." Madison said while waving her hand between the two of us . 'Luke' finally looked up and met my eyes almost immediately.

"Hi" I say breathlessly

"Hi." Luke says, out stretching his right hand. Even though we're in a room full of people it fills as if were the only ones.

I stretch out my right hand and shake mine with his. Luke's hand is warm and welcoming yet very firm.

" I'm Luke." He says with slightly pink cheeks and a crooked smirk.

"I'm Rimie." I say blushing like a fool.

He trys to pull me onto a hug but I'm barely able to even take a step forward when a pair of hands grab my shoulders pulling me away from Luke when another tall figure stands between me and the handsome tall blonde blue eyed boy, and when I look at the back of the persons head, I recognize their flaming red hair.

"And I'm Michael."