Chp 1- Big Summer Blowout Sale

Shit happens. 

That's what I was starting to accept for my life. They always say everything happens for a reason, but honestly, do you really believe that shit? It was such an odd aphorism, an apathetic excuse to give to someone when things start going left. Maybe if I behaved and did everything I was told, things would finally change for me.

Of course, that wasn't always the case, but that was the naïve side of me. Everything happened for a reason, just like how I found myself in a rather peculiar situation—pregnant.

To think a year ago, I thought I knew myself, but boy, was I terribly wrong. Laughing at the fateful memories, it was always nice to reminisce on the first time I stepped foot into the little old dusty town of Rosewood Creek. The new kid, living with my adoptive parents. The town was charming, but soon revealed a mysterious secret to me—one that would change the course of my life forever. Werewolves, the mythical creatures of legend were real. And of course, I didn't know any better. Oblivious to such things until one day, I found out I was just like them. It was then my whole life flipped upside down.

The entire year had been a whirlwind of crazy events colliding with each other. It gave me pause, to be thankful for what I had now—surrounded by people who not only cared about me but loved me as well.

The weight of my body was strenuous as I trudged down the elaborate staircase. I had done this journey before, but it seemed to get a little harder every time. A sharp pain surged from my stomach, making me stumble a bit.

"Careful," a deep voice spoke behind me. A stoic Theo offered his helping hand. Finding my balance, I stopped at the second landing of the stairs.

"I'm fine," I pouted before begrudgingly taking his hand. It wasn't long before another warm hand snuck into my other free one. I turned to see a cheeky smile on Nate's charming face.

"What?" he asked, feigning ignorance at my growing attitude.

"I just wanted to hold your hand too." He sucked his teeth, trying to act as though he wasn't bothering me.

"Ugh, I give up." This was always going to be a thing; the Alphas were so territorial now that they wouldn't even let their own mate leave their side for a second.

'Can you blame them, though? You almost fell down the stairs last time,' My wolf River added with a sassy tone. 'Yooo, it was so funny, you should've seen your face. I seriously thought you were gonna bust your ass.'

'Whatever,' I grumbled. It looked like no one was going to let me live that moment down. I felt like a child, holding the Alphas' hands as I safely arrived at the bottom, preparing to go to my weekly check-up.

The Alphas quickly gave their goodbyes to the other members, everyone smiling and giving their good wishes as we set off.

It was crazy to think about how this all started. Or rather, it was crazy how I found out about our little surprise. Thinking back on the day, I didn't realize how hard we would be hit with the reality of our actions.

More like the consequences of our actions.

With graduation marked off the calendar, spring turned into summer. My first steps into adulthood had been challenging, but I was getting used to the idea of what adulting would be like: an endless amount of work and not enough sleep.

With the local community college only being a few miles outside of town, my freshman year was secured for the upcoming fall semester. I was free to enjoy my summer vacation with no restraints.