Chp 12 - Omega Mart

With everything that happened in the past twenty-four hours, I was starting to believe my life was prone to chaos. I shuffled down the stairs, the Alphas right behind as they continued to have a hushed discussion on whatever nonsense they were disagreeing about now. It was their problem, not mine, and I wasn't going to get in the middle of it. I found my way into the kitchen, ready to stuff my face with whatever Beth was cooking. The smell of something buttery made my stomach rumble, ready to be filled.

"Morning," I greeted everyone in the kitchen.

"Good morning," James beamed up from the kitchen island. He got up, his plaid skirt swishing as he ran to hug me. It went well with the black band t-shirt he had on, the new aesthetic for the day. Of course, he had to be the dramatic one, a huge gasp leaving his lips, grabbing ahold of everyone's attention in the room.

"Nate?! What are you doing here?" He didn't have to make it so obvious, but that was just James.

"Cuz I can be," Nate spat back, annoyed that his little brother was even here to begin with.

"So..." James bubbly swung his arm around his brother's arm, "when did you show up then?" Right on cue, James immediately started bugging Nate, latching on the Alpha as he tried to make his way over to the breakfast nook.

"Like I would tell you, nerd." Nate shoved him off. In an instant, the two siblings began their usual banter. I ignored it as I sat down next to Kash. He had made some room for me as he scooched his chair over.

"Yeah, when did they come over? I'm pretty sure you fell asleep downstairs." Kash gave me a judgmental glare (more like a harmless squint), but he was trying to figure out what happened. Reading between the lines, his suspicions were high about the whole thing, and he undoubtedly made me nervous. He sniffed the air, getting a whiff of the heavy scents coated all over me. I gave him an awkward smile as his hazel eyes narrowed again.

"Ehh, not sure." It was an empty answer. My best friend knew better than to question me further.

"Gosh, just look at the lot of you." Beth turned away from the stove. The woman had on a green shift dress, with her favorite frilly navy blue apron over it. On it, in a bold white script: If you're reading this, bring me a glass of wine. The saying accurately portrayed her personality.

She made her way over to the nook with a plate of freshly-made waffles. As soon as she placed the plate down, it was every man for themselves, all of us fighting to fill their plates—the waffles gone in mere seconds.

"I didn't expect to be feeding a whole damn village," she complained, staring down at the empty pressed platter. A look of determination was now on her face. A new challenge had presented itself, and the woman wasn't going to back down easily. She barked her orders, and Theo offered himself to be her sous chef. With the Alpha manning the stove, he scrambled eggs and fried bacon, all while Beth put the waffle maker to work.

After the intense Masterchef showcase, we all sat down and discussed our plans for the day while we ate. Tina fell into a tangent about her work, the project garnering Nate's curiosity as he spurred her on to continue. The boisterous kitchen was filled with laughter and happiness, a nice change of pace from the calamity that occurred yesterday.

After my third waffle, I still wasn't full. My eyes searched the crowded table for anything left I could snack on. Nate still had a few scraps of scrambled eggs on his plate, so I did him the favor to help him finish it off.

"Still hungry?" The Alpha chuckled when my fork snuck its way onto his plate. He pushed it closer so I could reach it better. My stomach thanked him for that.