| 17 |

With a pair of shaking hands, you closed the door from the moment Haru's mother made her exit

With a pair of shaking hands, you closed the door from the moment Haru's mother made her exit. Your lips were already quivering from the endless possibilities that will come along with your answer to her.

Taking a deep breath, you needed confirmation, a word of advice if you even did the right thing just seconds ago. Grabbing the ends of your dress so that you wouldn't trip or fall as you run out of your room. You were panting with your heart hammering your chest from the moment you knocked on his door.

"Y/n?" Hueningkai's face was the greeting you got from the moment the door opened.

His dark blue locks were messy as they fell in front of his eyes, he also discarded his cloak as it was now placed in one of the chairs inside his room. From your perspective, his eyes showed nothing but confusion from your sudden appearance, eyebrows almost meeting together when he saw your wet eyelashes and tear-stained cheeks.

"What's wrong?"

Choking in your quiet sobs, you allowed yourself to get pulled into his embrace, bringing you inside his room. Hueningkai remained still and gently ran his hand behind your back in an attempt to lessen your cries. When you slowly toned down your emotions, he pulled away from you and quickly searched for your eyes.

"Can you tell me what's bothering you?" He carefully asks with a small smile to somewhat make you feel better even though he doesn't exactly know what happened.

"Your eyes cannot be swollen the next morning because it's your birthday finally" Hueningkai noted playfully as he watched you sit down on the edge of his bed.

Breathing out a heavy sigh, your cold hands fixed the stray pieces of hair that were all over your face, they were sticking into your skin from your salty tears. When Hueningkai noticed you calming down and taking in even breaths, he carefully sat down on the floor just in front of you.

He clasped both of his hands together as he waited for you to start telling him what other events unraveled without his knowledge.

"Can gods die? Immortal or not yet" You finally asked the question that might align with your answer to Haru's mother.

You felt your heart shatter with a huge force when you saw your dearest friend nod his head upon hearing your question.

"H-How?" You failed to hide your shaking voice.

"For example, if we gods infused some of our powers into a designated weapon it has the power to take another life. We might not be the God of Death but we can kill or be killed, we might be the ones to worship or to look up to from the eyes of the mortals... but we might also be impostors in the Celestia in disguise. We don't know when our death is going to be unless someone will take away our last step in this world" Hueningkai finishes with a firm tone in his voice, the topic must be something to haunt him for the rest of his life.

Your hands quickly flew up to cover your mouth but you slowly accepted your decision. With a strong mind and a persuaded heart, you didn't regret your response to Haru's mother in the end.