Chapter 3

"A syringe needle?" Kwon Joo furrowed her eyebrows.

Min Jun nodded, "It was a quick glimpse, but I'm sure there was a syringe needle lying at the corner over there."

Kwon Joo looked in the direction that Min Jun is pointing. There really is a syringe needle lying on the floor.

Even if the killer left the syringe needle at the crime scene, there's no guarantee that there are fingerprints on the syringe needle or not. Kwon Joo thought.

As expected, there isn't a single fingerprint on the syringe needle. Kwon Joo sighed.

Who could've done something horrible like this to a young, innocent girl?

The case has been labeled as unsolved. Many reporters have been reporting this case all over the place.

On Min Jun's side, he and his family were preparing for Min Ju's funeral. They prevented the reporters from coming to Min Ju's funeral.

Kwon Joo came to Min Ju's funeral. Her face filled with sorrow. She sat beside Min Jun who looks fine but actually not. She talked with him.

"Kang Center, please bring my sister justice, ok?"

Kwon Joo went silent, then finally responded, "I will. I will make that bastard pay for what he's done."

Meanwhile somewhere not far from the mortuary, Koo Do Kyung was watching them from afar.  He then left the mortuary silently.

...

After a while, Kwon Joo left the mortuary and bid goodbye to Min Jun. Suddenly someone came up to her and whispered in her ear.

"Fancy seeing you here, huh."

Kwon Joo almost jumped in shock. She turned around to see Do Kyung, he's holding a cup of coffee in his hand.

"Oh, it's you," Kwon Joo let out a sigh, "What are you doing here?"

"Just grabbed a coffee nearby. Were you at the funeral? I saw you walk out there," Do Kyung pointed at the mortuary.

Kwon Jo nodded. Do Kyung immediately understand the situation.

"Mind if I...hug you for a sec? Don't worry, I'm just trying to comfort you," Do Kyung offered.

Kwon Joo fell into his hug. He patted her for a while then let go.

"It'll be ok, I promise," Do Kyung tapped her shoulder.

"Mhm," Kwon Joo nodded.

"Want me to grab you a cup of coffee to make you feel better?" Do Kyung pointed at the coffee shop.

"I'm fine, no thanks," Kwon Joo shook her head.

Do Kyung nodded in silence, he then asked, "If not, could I ride you home then? It looks like you took a bus to get here."

Kwon Joo thought about his offer, then she nodded. It was past midnight already so it was hard to grab a taxi or a bus around this area. Plus she doesn't want to bother her teammates this late.

Do Kyung smiled brightly. He powered on his limo and drove down the streets.

"Where's your house by the way?"

"Near Yungsang station. You know, Starlight Apartment."

"Alright."

After about 15 minutes, Do Kyung arrived at Kwon Joo's apartment.

"Thanks for taking me home, I'll treat you to coffee someday," Kwon Joo smiled.

Do Kyung paused for a moment, then he smiled, "It's my first time seeing you smile like this."

"Oh, really?" Kwon Joo looked away, she felt that her cheeks were burning, "Alright, thanks for riding me home!"

"No problem!" Do Kyung waved to Kwon Joo. After a while, he then took a deep breath and his expressions changed to a cunning smile. He held Kwon Joo's ID card and stared at her ID card.

"Nice to know you, my love. I'll get you in my hands sometime."