.𝘤𝘩𝘱 𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘭𝘷𝘦

𝐱𝐢𝐢

𝐱𝐢𝐢. PLEASE BE GENTLE WITH ME. MY HEART IT FRAGILE, DON'T YOU SEE? 

sophia.

2 months prior to current day

       𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐀𝐫𝐦𝐞𝐝 𝐃𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐀𝐠𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐲, 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐢𝐠𝐠𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐩𝐚𝐢𝐧 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐌𝐚𝐟𝐢𝐚'𝐬 𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐢𝐠𝐠𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐲 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐧𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭. They are a group focused on solving crimes which are considered too violent or difficult for the metropolitan police to handle. Often, these crimes are of a supernatural origin. 

  Nearly all of the detectives within the company have their own special powers known as gifts or abilities. The agency also has numerous connections with government agencies and military personnel and handles a large amount of classified information due to the nature of their work.

 The agency's licensed staff are granted police-like authority. Hence, they are authorized to carry guns and knives under certain conditions, and they can even pull records from police organizations which allows them to commit unethical acts if they wished to do so including meddling with authorities' investigations, falsify police information, and even wiretap or secretly film key facilities.

 This agency was founded over a decade ago by a Gifted named Yukichi Fukuzawa  after his encounter with a certain boy named Ranpo Edogawa. The agency was created as a way to capitalize on the boy's amazing intuition and ability to solve any case within a matter of seconds. Some may say he'd gifted, but Ranpo is a ordinary human with incredible intelligance. 

 Though, he has the maturity of a 12 year old. 

  This was shown to Atushi at noon two months ago when the phone at the Detective Agency's office rang. It was Dazai who reached for the phone, picking it up as his worker partner, Kunikida, typed violently on his computer while shouting at Ranpo who was being difficult. 

 "Ranpo, no other agent is free for this case." Kunikida insisted as Ranpo sat behind his desk, munching on his stack of snacks. 

 "Yeah, but I have no motivation to get up from this desk." Ranpo replied carelessly as he shoved his hand into a bag of pretzels. His attire consists of a brown inverness cape that he wears over his shoulders and the color matches both his hat and his pants. Under that, he wears a dark grey blazer and a white button-up with a light and dark blue striped tie. Under his three-quarter length pants, he wears long white socks that cover the visible part of his legs, and simple black shoes.