.𝘤𝘩𝘱 𝘴𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯

𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢

𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢. AND THERE'S NO WAY YOU COULD EVER LET ME DOWN 

zero.

4 years ago

       𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐲𝐚𝐥 𝐨𝐟 𝐀𝐧𝐠𝐨 𝐒𝐚𝐤𝐚𝐠𝐮𝐜𝐡𝐢 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐌𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐜𝐤. Ango Sakaguchi was a triple insider for the government's special Gifted Operations Division. Ango. Strange, level headed, smart and quick witted Ango was a traitor to the mafia. 

 Zero didn't have many people who liked her and while Ango wasn't someone she considered a friend, he was a valued acquaintance. Someone who was willing tolerate her. And yet, he'd betrayed the Mafia. He'd betrayed Mori. Criminal traitor.  

 Mimick members were remnants from a war in Britain. Basically a bunch of broken men. 

 Odasaku told Zero that Ango had been sorry. He'd said he wished they could've all gone drinking one more time. But Ango was a traitor now, and that would never happen. The prick would go and hid behind his government, and they'd never go back to the bar as a group. 

 Of all the people in Odasaku's life, Zero was the only person who knew Oda's reason to stop killing. 

 Several years before then, Odasaku had fallen in love with a series of books by his favorite author. He loved the books, reread then all the time but when the series was supposed to end, there was never a final book written. 

 He hadn't know it at the time, but Odasaku met the author of the book series in a cafe while he was reading the second book. He didn't know it was the author, the but man didn't seem to like the books very much. 

 When the author told him to forget about the books, Oda refused. 

 And then, the author said something that stuck with Oda. "Why don't you write it?" He had said. "Thats the only way you'll be able to keep it as you've envisioned it. Writing a story is a kin to having complete control over a person. Choosing how they will live, and die. From my vantage point, you have all the right qualities. A man who takes a life has no right to be responsible for another's." 

 Oda told Zero that one day, when he could quit the Port Mafia, he'd find a secluded room somewhere over looking the sea, and become a writer, finishing the book series he loved so much. 

 Zero never understood his dream, she'd never had dreams like that. Zero lived in the moment, the future never bothered her. But Oda's dream was so beautiful. She told him she'd find a way to make sure Mori set him free one day.