.𝘤𝘩𝘱 𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺

content warning ─ ⚠️slightly s*xual content 
experiences of intense ptsd, 

self harm,
psychotic features such as visual hallucinations
and associated affect-congruent delusions.

 𝐱𝐱

 𝐱𝐱. SMILE, THE WORST IS YET TO COME

zero.

current day

"𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐤𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐞 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞, 𝐝𝐢𝐝𝐧'𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮?" It was the first thing Zero said to Mori when they got back to HQ and she came up to his office to check that he was still in fact alive. "You knew Dazai had some dumb fucking plan to end Shibu-whats-his-face." 

 "I figured that if Dazai was in the middle of it all, Shibusawa wasn't likely to get what he was after." Mori replied, knitting his fingers together and smiling at his surrogate-daughter. 

 "And what was it that he wanted?" Zero asked, crossing her arms. 

 "Most likely, all the gifted abilities that he could harness. Of course, we have no way of knowing what really happened in that tower between the two of them. If it was even just the two of them." Mori explained and Zero frowned. 

 "You think there was another person?" 

 "I think we'll never get the full picture. At least, not until Dazai wants us to." 

 Zero let out a scoff. "I'm so sick of people saying that. I've heard that same phrase since I was fifteen. It's completely ridiculous." 

 "You say that because you know that it's true." Mori replied. "But either way, to our luck, I have a feeling the city will be quiet for a while." 

 "Quiet?" 

 "Haven't you noticed? Typically after large events like this, wide-scale activities tend to die off for a little while, though I have a feeling that a storm is coming for us all." The Port Mafia boss stood up and walked over to the large skyline window of this office. Outside that window it was a quiet day in the city as those affected tried to recover. 

 "A storm, huh." Zero repeated as unease came over her. 

 Mori glanced at her out of the corner of his eye before he sighed. "You should rest, child." Mori states as he turns to her. 

 "What?" Zero paused. "You mean like... do nothing?" Zero's eyes narrowed like the idea was ridiculous but Mori wasn't kidding. 

 "We should take advantage of this calm. It's what this entire city needs. A little bit of calm before whatever catastrophic event hits us next." Mori spoke matter-of-factly as he looking back out the skyline. "A third party has entered this war, Zero. We have a new enemy."