.chp twenty-one

A N 
inspiration for this chapter was hard. 
sat here and stared at a blank page for like 
a month. 

11/17 UPDATE:
made edits and added content to chapter to make it cuter. 

 𝐱𝐱𝐢

 𝐱𝐱𝐢. CAUSE IN MY HEAD, IT'S ALWAYS BEEN YOU

chuuya.

3 years ago.

       𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞 𝐛𝐮𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐭 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐭𝐬 𝐞𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐞𝐝 𝐝𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐦𝐩𝐭𝐲 𝐡𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐮𝐢𝐥𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠. Normally it wouldn't be raise for that much concern but it was the dead middle of the night. The building was basically empty aside from a few. Those finishing late night work, Mori (who seemed to never leave), and Zero, who lived in the building. 

 A minute later, more gunshots ran through the air. Loudly. It echoed down the marble halls, bouncing off of every wall before it dispersed. 

 Again, this normally would not have concerned anyone, but this was the middle of the night. Chuuya probably shouldn't have still been there in the first place. It was late, and while he could be at his apartment asleep, (or out drinking) he'd been stuck at HQ, finishing paper work. 

 Another gunshot. And they were all coming from the most expected place: Zero's lab. It was entirely possible that she couldn't sleep and decided to have late night target practice, but considering her ability gave her perfect aim, it wasn't likely. 

 I was gonna check on her before I left anyway. Chuuya reasoned as he walked down the hall towards her lab. 

 When he got there, the gunshots had stopped and it was eerily quiet from the outside. Carefully, the young executive pulled open the large sliding metal door, half expecting a bullet to come at his face but there was so such thing. 

 Her lab itself was empty. Full of clutter but had no human in it. Upon seeing that no one was down there, Chuuya opened his mouth to call out for her but stopped when he noticed the newest art on the spray painted metal walls of the lab. 

 On the left wall, across from the art of the trio, was the spray painted silhouettes of five young children. The orphans. The art looked unfinished, like she was in the middle of it and got distracted halfway through. 

 Chuuya's eyes flicked up to the large golden butterfly painted on the wall, high off the ground. That had been there since before Chuuya was in the mafia. Zero must've used a latter otherwise there was no way she could paint it up there.