Chapter 13: Little Lies

"Well... that was fun while it lasted."

Zenith's ring shrunk and flew back into his hand. He takes one last look at Saber before saying:

"I'll be leaving an ear open for whatever happens in there. I have a feeling that we'll learn a lot of juicy stuff. Might even clue us as to how to get in."

"Master," Saber says to him as Zenith started walking away, and the armored servant turned to follow him back out of the ravine. "With all due respect, I have a feeling your "peers" will not be pleased to know that we aren't making real progress. I for one am eager to sink my blade through the flesh of our enemy."

"I would imagine so..." Zenith remarked as they closed in at their van. "You will get your due justice as I will."

They ascend the rockwork as the master shared a thought with his armored servant.

"Typical, isn't it? Your kin stole your country... mine disowned me and willed everything to one who lacked true vision. You and me got it really rough when it comes to matters of family... one could say we're two of a kind..."

Zenith gives Saber a sideways glance and adds:

"Aren't we... my king?"

The servant contemplates before giving him a reply as they come up to the clearing.

"Yes master. I am fortunate enough to contract myself to one who knows my burden all too well. You would make for a fine general had we met in my time..."

"I don't like playing second fiddle..." Zenith remarks." But if I were to, I could think of no better homicidal warlord to partner-up with..."

"Your sentiment is... gratifying," The Saber said flatly, not very keen on being referred to the way Zenith did. "Indeed... it takes a leader of strength and conviction to lead a nation. You need it to fight... win... and take everything, crushing all who would challenge you."

Zenith chuckles at that.

"Simple, bloody, but effective... I can dig that..."

"Contractor..."

The duo is met by Assassin as they reach the van. Berserker then appears from behind it, pushing two uniformed men to the ground before their feet. To the lack of Zenith's concern, they were both terrified.

"We captured two strays," Assassin explains. "They are drivers hired to bring Chaldea here."

Berserker pulled the two men by the neck and on to their knees. They stay silent and trembling as Saber looks at Zenith as if to ask him something. The master meets his stare, and as if to make his boredom apparent, expresses sarcastically:

"What are you looking at me for?"

Zenith calmly turns to enter the van, but not before adding:

"Don't forget to clean up."

In a snap, Saber turns back to the men whilst summoning his sword. They barely had time to scream as all Zenith heard afterwards was blood splatter, followed by a pair of audible thuds of somethings hitting the ground. Dirty work was something Zenith would rather not dwell over needlessly when he could just leave that to others.

He had bigger priorities than watching heads roll...

Gudao and Gabrielle stood over Mashu's shield as it was lying face-up on the floor of the Castle. The Demi-Servant was standing beside the masters with Fou on her shoulder as her weapon lit up, forming an ornate magical circle. An image materialized directly over it, projecting the form of the Chaldean Director.