31. Family Time

Never doubt the depth of your parents' comprehension,
For they deciphered your earliest babble with affection.
If they grasped your unintelligible words so tenderly,
Rest assured, they'll comprehend your life's complexities.

Amber took a deep breath but Nimrit's breath was hitched. It took a lot of courage for her to confess to her father who was so protective of her. Amber took her palm in his hands and said, "I know. Perhaps, the name too. You knew about my  investigation and its suspects, still, you chose him?"

"Probably he was the home my heart always belonged." Nimrit's pulse was high because she feared her father would disapprove of her relationship but she didn't want to give up. She loved Nivedya immensely and wanted her father to know.

Amber smiled at her and asked, "By any chance has your mother shared our love story's dialogues with you too?" Nimrit nodded in 'no' so Amber elucidated with a spark in his eyes, "Reet told her father something similar but he..." Amber's smile vanished and he patted Nimrit's palm before telling her, "Love is on its way and shall forever en-route it will stay. For, love is a feeling and feelings keep changing. Love is no exception if it chooses to travel with diversions."

Nimrit's eyes glistened and she hugged Amber. "Papa I don't want to..."

"Do what you feel is good for you. If being with him makes you happy, be happy and make him happy. Let your heart feel the warmth of home. But just be cautious my child, a home needs a proper boundary and security too." Amber gave his nod of approval to Nimrit with a warning to maintain boundaries just like any other father.

Nimrit's heart did a happy dance and she decided she will accept Nivedya as her boyfriend publically. After all, her father was on her side now. She knew her mother already liked him, a lot.

Before going to bed, Nimrit canvased a happy family picture in the night sky and smiled ear to ear. She gave the good news to Barkha and they celebrated the moment like a big victory. Nimrit could not believe the most desired boy of Swarnbhoomi High was her boyfriend.

"Nimrit, you, my darling, was his best option. You are the Miss Perfect, in every sense." Barkha's words boosted confidence in Nimrit.

Who said women bring women down?

While Nimrit felt peace and contentment in her heart, Nivedya was grinding his teeth. He overheard a conversation between his parents and elder brother which made the earth beneath his feet crack.

"Wow! A bunch of liars! Mom, you too? What's the story? I want to know, right now. And, if you give me the bullshit that I am too young and all, I WON'T LISTEN. So folks start talking before you see the bad side of NIVEDYA R. SINGH." Nivedya threatened his family and three pairs of eyes were staring at him with guilt. 

"Am I allowed a call?" Rudra asked Nivedya and he nodded his head in 'fine'.
Rudra called someone and took a breath of relief. He put his hand on Nivedya's shoulder and told him, "brace yourself, young boy, you are about to unfold the biggest mystery of your life. Meanwhile, let's have dinner."

They finished their dinner and the domestic help except for one, had left for their quarters. At about 10, at night, the doorbell of the Singh mansion rang and four people entered.

Rudra for the first time welcomed his twin sister to his home. It was an emotional moment. The ever-jovial Dr Pri's eyes were swollen from crying already and when she saw Rudra at the door, she ran and hugged him. Happy tears made their way once again. Randeep also side-hugged his cousin Nandini and two well-built young boys gave Abhedya a warm brotherly hug.

One of the boys named Arya, called Nivedya, "Hey... 'chotu' come here, join the army."

"I am not 'chotu'. My name is Nivedya." The emotional scene changed to a funny one and everyone laughed, which made Nivedya more annoyed.