54. Sharing Secrets

Sometimes, a break in a relationship is the pause needed to compose the perfect pudding of love.

Nivedya went to school in a car that day and reached only after the first period was over. He spoke to Abhedya who was equally resentful but they decided to accept their destiny and a new identity.

Abhedya promised to make things easier for everyone once he was prepared to claim the throne. Though he had his doubts and personal issues.

Nivedya requested him to take care of Swarnima and not be annoyed with her because it wasn't her fault.

Abhedya didn't commit for the same to him because the girl he loved so much, misled him since the time they met again. He felt cheated and raged by Swarnima's habit of keeping secrets but he knew he had to comply with the duty he was born for.

When Nivedya reached school, Nimrit was the first person he saw. She was escorting the kindergarten kids to the amphitheatre probably for a class activity. He couldn't speak to her but he couldn't look away from her. Nivedya didn't go to his class and secretly followed her to the amphitheatre.

She made the kids sit down while the teachers were preparing the stage. Nimrit waved hi to Hans, the quietest boy in grade nine. He stood next to Nimrit and they were speaking to each other in hushed tones. Nivedya didn't know the context and he was curious to know what was going to happen.

Nimrit and Hans went on the stage and demonstrated the difference between a 'good touch' and a 'bad touch' for the kids. Surely it was essential to make the kids aware but Nivedya didn't like the act. He had a lot on his mind and watching his girlfriend being touched by a boy on her face, back and front was not easy. The kindergarten teachers thanked them for helping the kids understand, and Nimrit and Hans escorted the kids back to their classes.

Nimrit's eyes finally met Nivedya's when she entered her class and all the songs about a broken heart, played in the background. Turning off the sad tunes of the violin playing in her head, Nimrit sat on her seat as the teacher entered the class. Examinations were close and the teachers were helping the children with the doubts they had.

During the lunch break, Nivedya announced to his friends that Nimrit and he had made a joint decision to maintain distance till the examinations.

Their friends laughed it off and Aashna commented, "You cannot even look away from her, how will you stay away from her?"

"Practice," Nimrit jumped down the small wall she was sitting on and told their friends, "dedication and zeal to do something, can do wonders. One should experience everything in life then why not distance also? Right, Nivi?"

Nivedya could feel Nimrit was hurt and she had every right to be but that didn't mean she could do what she did with Hans today. "Yeah right. See you after the examination."

"Are you sure, you will see me after the examination?" Nivedya couldn't decipher the meaning of her words, she looked at him and explained, "You know, what if you find someone else who is a treat to your sore eyes or what if, I find someone who is the light to my gloomy skies."

The girls laughed at Nimrit's poetry and headed back to their classes making fun of Nivedya. Collin put his hand on Nivedya's shoulder requesting him to relax but there was nothing that could help him calm.

While going back to the class Nivedya and Collin saw Hans being mistreated by some boys. Everything aside, the class stood united in times of need. They went to Hans and the boys teasing him went away from there laughing.

Collin asked Hans patiently, "What's wrong, dude? Why were they troubling you?" Hans was a boy loved by all and was never involved in any fights or arguments.