PROLOGUE

Me and my four college friends sit in a classroom with the rest of our peers and hear these words from our psychology professor. "Flip the coin and make a life choice with it. Two choices, one coin, and no turning back. Do you dare?"

After that tantalizing question, I can't help but zone out on the rest of what he has to say. I guess it's important, but I'm too focused on the coin-part, which I consider a captivating and frightening concept. The thought of playing the odds and seeing it through, despite the outcome, intrigues me. I suppose every student has their own opinion about what this challenge means to them. Even our professor must have his own intentions in mind, but I doubt he suspects how we might act on his dare.

We, being as follows...

Isaiah, the football player and his swimmer girlfriend, Jasmine. Chloe, the cheerleader, and Hunter, the intellectual. Then there's me, Eliza Goodchild, the writer and nerd, and also their English tutor.

We're a microcosm at this university, a little bubble in a greater ocean. An island of friends.

Five college students who are about to flip the coin on fall break.

What could go wrong?

—————

Prologue - 204 words
Story Total - 204 words