What the heck did this?

A time skip later, and Clark is now a toddler. He's out with his playing with the family dog and his best friend, Lana Lang, at a barbecue.

Laura Lang (neighbor):
You have a really adorable son.

Martha:
He's just what me and Johnathan needed.

Lara:
Heh, I remember five years ago when you showed us that you adopted him. Couldn't believe it at all.

Martha:
The world's an unexpected place.

They continue chatting. Meanwhile Clark gets a ball from his garage and throws it at Lana, then to his dog. The three playfully hit it back and forth to each other. Johnathan and his neighbor's husband would soon join his wife.

Lewis Lang:
Some kid you got there Johnathan. And here I was thinking you never wanted children.

Johnathan (He says smiling as he watches his son play):
Yeah, well look at me now.

As they begin to talk about the farms, Clark fails to catch the ball and it rolls down the hill. Lana stays back as he follows it until it reaches the road, where it stops. Clark stops in the middle of the road and picks it up. He fails to notice the truck driving down the road. The truck driver inside, mistakenly gets on his flip phone as he zooms down the road. Johnathan looks back at Clark and bolts up and out to the field when he doesn't see him. As he runs he starts to feel a pain in his arm. The Lang's went to search for Clark elsewhere. Martha would join her husband on the search. The two would call out to Clark and, thankfully, they would find him. Clark smiles as he waves at them. Johnathan touches his chest to feel his heartbeat. Martha waves back as she heads over to Clark. But that's when Johnathan sees the truck, speeding over to his son. His eyes widened, immediately he ran towards Clark.

Johnathan:
Clark!!!

Clark:
Yeth, Papa?

Young Clark had a bit of a lisp.

The truck driver finally looks up from his phone and hits the brakes after seeing the boy. Clark turned around before he got hit and stared at the front of the truck. Martha shut her eyes from the scene, she could bear to watch. When she opened her eyes again, she saw the truck now on its side. Johnathan stopped in his tracks, confused. The two of them ran to Clark. They checked him, and surprisingly found no bruises. Johnathan and Martha grab Clark and hug him tightly.

Johnathan:
Are you okay?

Clark:
Yeth.

Martha:
Oh my god, baby are you ok?

Clark:
I'm alright, Mama.

The Lang's find them and head over to check on Clark. Then go to check on the truck driver.

Truck driver (disoriented):
What just happened?

Johnathan stands up and punches the truck driver in the face, dropping him on his butt.

Johnathan:
You almost hit my son, you son of a bitch. What the hell are you doing?

The neighbors hold Johnathan back from doing anything worse.

Truck driver:
I'm sorry I didn't see him.

As Johnathan and Martha yell at the truck driver. The neighbors look at the truck. Its condition and the child-sized dent on the front baffled them.

Neighbor male: what the heck did this?