Unexpected Night Visit

11:00 p.m. – Commander's room.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Commander: ..*SIGH* It was only the first day but I feel like I could've died in more than one occassion...

After what had transpirred on the backyard, the majority of the shipgirl's attention was directed there, which gave the Commander the opportunity to hide for the next hour and rest until the cafeteria became a safe zone.

While having a light dinner, the Commander briefly spoke with Javelin and Laffey, who shyly gave him directions about their surroundings. This allowed him to plan a safe and trustworthy route for the night.

Thanks to this, the Commander arrived safe and soundly to his room in time for it to become the next safe zone. However, this day had been so tiring that he immediately dropped on his bed wihtout having the strength to take his uniform off.

Commander: I should put my pijamas on, but my body won't respond to any unecessary commands...

The Commander gave a small sigh before closing his eyes. After thinking on everything that had taken place today, it had been a very chaotic day but he had managed to survive nonetheless.

However, he had not been able to obtain any useful information. Not to mention he also had a strange sensation that someone was behind all of this.

Some of the shipgirls could easily be discarded as suspects, since he had the opportunity to honestly talk with some of them inside the safe zones.

Due to this, he started to question something; his loving shipgirls were always expressing their feelings for him, but currently they were being more "needy" and in a strange way. Are they being influenced by the current events?

"It was a possibility, but was there reason for it? The condition was to survive, but due to the event, their passive nature allowed him to relax a bit", the Commander pondered on this thought.

It was too soon to jump to conclusions since he might be incorrect about all of this. But then again, he probably was just being naive of certain things. His thoughts drifted like if they were in an endless ocean.

Commander: It'd probably be best to not think about it anymore. I should try to recover as much energy as possible, otherwise it will be dan-

*Knock* *Knock*

Commander: . . .

"The Commander's eyes instantenously opened up at hearing a knock on the door. He bitterly smiled while thinking if he should open up the door or not."

Commander: (I think it'd be best not to respond, whoever is outside should be leaving soon enough-)

*Knock* *Knock*

Commander: (I'm sorry, but I am too tired to-)

*Knock* *Knock* *Knock* *Knock*

Commander: . . . . . .

Taking a deep breath, the Commander stood up and walked towards the door. He was doubting whether to proceed with his decision, however, his worry disappeared after seeing the shipgirl in front of him.

Commander: Good evening Enterprise. Can I ask what you are doing here this late at night?

He warmly smiled at her, but Enterprise did not return the favor. She looked very timid, looking towards one side while rubbing her arms. She clearly was acting out of character, but at seeing her like this, it was actually very sweet.

She tried muttering some words, but no sounds came out of her mouth. The Commander needed to get some rest, but for some strange reason, he couldn't interrupt her and instead waited patiently for her to finish.

Enterprise: C-Commander.. I wan-wanted to ask you...

Enterprise: Well, you know.. If it was possible...

Seeing her act very sweet, it was a critical hit at the Commander's heart. A relaxing atmosphere enveloped them that he didn't consider his following words.

Commander: Don't worry Enterprise. If its a favor you need, you can ask without any reservations-

*Hug*

Commander: ..Hmm...?

He received a warm and gentle hug from her, one that lasted a few minutes before Enterprise finally looked at the Commander.

Enterprise: ..Can we sleep together tonight?

Commander: . . . . . .

Enterprise's words had no trace of malice in them, but considering she was under the effects of the event, what she had just said could easily be misinterpreted.

The Commander bitterly smiled before coming to a decision. He knew not what was awaiting him, but decided to trust that nothing would happen that night.. Or at least that is what should have happened......