Care to dance?

Request from the lovely @Aukiiiiiii <3
Stubborn pince Touya + Sweetheart prince Keigo + semi-good father Enji + Overprotective dad Takami = Ballroom dancing and marriage plans
╞════⊱ ────── {.⋅ ♫ ⋅.} ───── ⊰═════╡
Prince Todorki Touya, eldest son of king Todorki Enji, is a menace. And Enji is tired of dealing with that fact.

Enji knows he has destroyed any kind of relationship he had with his eldest son but dear lord that didn't mean that the boy had to be so picky about his future lover.

They have been trying for half a year. Half a year of royal families coming into their kingdom to offer their daughters to the snowy haired prince. Half a year of that said snowy haired prince declining every single offer. And half a year of Enji getting frustrated about it.

Over the past half a year Touya seemed to get more and more tired of this whole thing. Enji did not blame his son at all.

Alright maybe a little because Touya was the one who has been declining every single princess he gets to meet.

But having a mask on and dancing with some stranger that does not appeal to one's taste for month after month probably wasn't the most fun thing to do either.

The Todoroki family had a special tradition regarding meeting one's future partner. It first started with Queen Rei's family and got passed on to the Todoroki's when Enji and her had gotten married.

It was basically dancing with one another but wearing masks. Not just regular masks that were for sale on the market. No, these ones were special. These ones have to represent one's personality or trait marks. It was a rule that was strictly required by the Todoroki family if one wanted to perform the tradition.

Enji's mask had a black base but with bright red and orange flames painted across it. It supposedly represented the burning desire he has when wanting to achieve his goals. But Enji was more convinced that the fire represented the short temper he has. At least that was what his mother made him believe when they were alone.

Touya's mask wasn't that different from Enji's. The base was white but the prince had asked on numerous occasions to get it changed to black, which did not happen. He also had flames but turquoise ones which represented his eyes.

The fire on his mask looked wilder than the ones on Enji. It probably indicated Touya's... more rebellious personality. But there was also something gentle in them, Enji has no idea where it was but something about the mask was just soft. Maybe it was the edges but honestly, he doesn't know.

Whatever their tailor did to make it look and feel like that was definitely impressive.

Enji could only guess that the tailor did this on purpose because he knew how Touya was when he was younger. And maybe he believed that that same Touya was still hidden deep inside him just like the softness and gentleness he hid in the mask.

But the young prince doesn't seem to adore it like his parents, siblings and the staff. Always making a face of disgust when looking at it. Or maybe it wasn't disgust but annoyance. Enji had no idea anymore.

But right now the problem was that he doesn't know why his son wasn't accepting any of the princesses. They were all beautiful, respectful and intelligent. And before the dancing Touya has at least met most of them during big events where royal families gather together and just have fun with each other.

He signed as he walked to the bedroom he shared with Rei. His wife was already seated on the bed reading a book like she does every night.

Enji sat down beside her and just sagged down. He heard Rei chuckle softly.