11

_____

now that he was actually there he didn't know what to say.
Lucas was outside of the henderson's house
standing very still,overthinking everything, and shaking because he got soaked by the rain on his way there.talk about a stereotypical rom-com.

he stared at the door.
"come on. you have to do this, stop being stupid,you caused another problem and you need to fix it."
he thought to himself.

but then, another voice spoke inside his head.

"stupid? yeah thats what you'll be if you knock on that door.you're just gonna end up hurting dustin more, you don't even know what to say when you see him."

"but it doesn't matter, as long as you tell him the truth he'll understand. he is dustin after all, who cares if you just start spluttering words out? at least you're being honest!"

the two voices continued to fight, until lucas came to a conclusion.

with no hesitation, he curled his hand into a fist and brought it up, banging rather loudly on the door (louder than he attended to).

he silently cursed at himself and knocked again, this time more gently.

___

dustin lifted his head up from his pillow, looking down and seeing it soaked in tears.

"stupid.."
he muttered to himself,staring at the pillow.
"so stupid."
he threw his head back and let more tears escape.

before letting any other negative thoughts erupt his mind, a loud knock interrupted him.

he quickly shot his head up in surprise,
who could it he? his mom was still at work so it couldn't possibly be her!

maybe it was one of his friends checking up on him?

just then, another knock came, this time more quiet.

he got up from his bed and turned his pillow down to face the other way.

he walked up to his mirror and quickly wiped his face of, getting rid of any traces that could show he was crying.

he speed walked down the hall to his front door and slowly reached his hand up to open it.

____

lucas waited, trying to be patient so dustin doesn't barge the door on his face.

then, he heard the door unlock, and dustin opened it just 2 inches to see who it was.

lucas quickly jumped and stood up straighter.

"oh. hi."
dustin spoke first slightly opening the door more, so they were now face to face.

"hi."
lucas smiled.

some silence went by,

"uh..so....whats..up?"
dustin started.

"oh! uh! yeah.. i want to- no, i need to apologise."
he sighed, then begun.

"i was being an idiot, and i should've never pushed you away, i was just scared of hurting you, and i know that sounds stupid because im clearly not the victim here but i just didn't wanna screw up again..especially with you.."

lucas didn't know where he was going with this but all he knew was that he needed to speak from his heart, so he did.

"lucas..."
dustin looked at him then looked down.
he smiled and looked back up at lucas again.

"i guess you were being an idiot."
he snorted.

lucas sighed, feeling accomplished.
"yeah. i was wasn't i?"
he chuckled.

dustin widened his eyes in horror.

"oh my god!you're soaking wet- how didn't i notice!"
he said in guilt.

lucas looked down at himself and then back up at dustin.
"guess i am"
he smiled and scratched the back of his neck.

dustin rolled his eyes.
"come in you dumbass!"
he grabbed lucas's arm and pulled him inside.

_____

a/n

not that proud of this tbh💔