XI. Handful

■□■□■□■□■□■┌─∘°❉°∘ 𝘼𝙘𝙩 11

■□■□■□■□■□■
┌─∘°❉°∘ 𝘼𝙘𝙩 11...!¡ handful
NOH WOL  ___________  (노월)
.·:*¨༺ want to continue? ༻¨*:·.
YES NO
⋘ 𝑃𝑙𝑒𝑎𝑠𝑒 𝑤𝑎𝑖𝑡...

YES NO⋘ 𝑃𝑙𝑒𝑎𝑠𝑒 𝑤𝑎𝑖𝑡

Wol's insides were churning. She found herself wary, musing over recurring events. She fell off a cliff; almost a goner. Jang Uk was poisoned; almost a goner number two, and Mudeok was thrashed for her deeds; almost a goner number three.

She took her sweet time, thinking of all the possible reasons why Mudeok would risk her life to open Jang Uk's energy. After all, she wasn't possessed, was she? The ghost would've fled out of her body after the beating Wol's uncle had given her. Well, maybe she was. Or was she?

Wol got back to Bigungjeon after Jang Uk and Mudeok were escorted to Sejukwon. The young lady chuckled realizing that no one found out about Yul's and her larks, her smile fading when she saw her dad sitting on her large mattress. She hopped off of her chair in the study and walked towards her chamber.

"Dad."

Wol saw her dad now and then after he perished. He was merely a fragment of her imagination but she confided in it. She sat beside him, sad that she couldn't hug this man in her mind's eye.

"Dear, you've become such a poised woman. I'm so proud of you," he said while his hands patted his knees.
"My little girl."

Wol shed a tear. She knew that all the words that came out of his mouth were the words she wanted to hear, but not what she heard. She felt so awful. Wol tucked her head inside her hands, becoming more vulnerable in front of herself. She wanted to talk to him but was too embarrassed that she didn't have anyone else to rely on but herself.

A few minutes into sobbing, she heard a knock. She walked forward, opening the door to see who her visitor was. "Ah, Yoon-ok. Is everything okay?"

"I could ask you the same, my lady. Are you doing fine?"

"Yes, Yun-ok. Thank you for asking. I was merely sleepy, that is all."