XV. worst case scenario

■□■□■□■□■□■┌─∘°❉°∘ 𝘼𝙘𝙩 15

■□■□■□■□■□■
┌─∘°❉°∘ 𝘼𝙘𝙩 15...!¡ worst case scenario
NOH WOL ___________ (노월)
.·:*¨༺ want to continue? ༻¨*:·.
YES NO
⋘ 𝑃𝑙𝑒𝑎𝑠𝑒 𝑤𝑎𝑖𝑡...

Wol's realization dawned upon her as she sensed their assumption of a recent occurrence

Wol's realization dawned upon her as she sensed their assumption of a recent occurrence. She widened her eyes, eager to clarify, "Oh, no! This happened when we were younger, just five years old. It's not something to be overly concerned about."

"Right. I forgot to mention that part." ChoYeon chuckled in awkwardness.

A collective sigh of relief swept through the group, prompting them to inquire about the prince's unexpected presence on their grounds. Meanwhile, Mudeok took Naksu's sword and followed the prince as he exited the house. Yul and Wol shared a glance, silently observing the unfolding events.

Yul approached Wol, his stern expression unwavering. "We need to talk."

Wol shook her head. "Nope. It's you who wants to talk to me. I have nothing to say," Wol said, turning around, to face the others.

A few seconds later, she turned to Yul, knowing he would be expecting a discussion, only to find him already walking away. She sighed with resignation as her curiosity turned to dread. Wol knew she could follow him and hear whatever it was he had to say but she decided against the idea. She had no interest in telling him that she knew Mudeok was Naksu. She didn't want to be accused of lying if she were found to be wrong. But, she was conflicted.

She hid a lot of things from Yul before. She was guilty. She couldn't hide her thoughts regarding this matter. Not after knowing that he would protect her secret with his life.

"Yul..." I called out to him.

He didn't turn his head, but he stopped walking away. His grip tightened on his sword, and his voice was soft as he responded.

"We'll talk later," he stated, walking out of the residence grounds.

That evening, she followed Yul and the other four future leaders of Daeho to Songrim. She used her spirit plaque and put up a menacing voice in front of the guards, threatening to sneak into their house and decapitate them in their sleep if they didn't let Uk in with her. She received a few snickers from the others and a hiss from Kim Doju, but she knew she wouldn't hesitate to do it in the worst case scenarios.

She barged in, walking in front of Uk and scoffed when Jin spoke up. "I forbid Jang Uk from entering Songrim. How come all of you, together, walk in here so brazenly?"

"You didn't forbid the rest of us. We just brought a visitor with us. He has something to show you," I said, moving aside, letting Jang Uk speak.

As Wol took a step back, Mudeok shuffled in her position. It was clear that this interaction had bothered her. She tried to hide her irritation and frustration, but it was palpable. Wol assumed she was scared of being in close enough proximity to the one man who wanted her dead. Again.

But why would she be scared? She's escaped him so many times! No way....Wol, thought. She must have lost all her powers when she shifted into the other body. This gives us the upper hand. But if I did take action against her and I turned out to be wrong about her...I might get in trouble, and my reputation would be in jeopardy. I can't let that happen. But, it's not like I'm going to lead Bigungjeon anyway. I'm still unmarried. For what? I'm pretty. I'm influential. I'm tall. I'm a capable warrior. I can marry anyone I want. But I can't marry the one I want. Wait...how did I get here? Wasn't I thinking about how to deal with Mudeok?

She was lost in thought when she saw two guards restrain Jang Uk. "What's going on?" She asked yul, confused. She turned to others and related. "Hold it. Why? Where are you taking him?"

"Uk is being locked up for having an uncontrollable sword," Danggu spoke, frantic. As the two guards rushed to pull him away, Wol began fuming. This was not how she wanted the confrontation to end.

"Stop right there!" she ordered the two men. They immediately paused and everyone turned to look at Wol.

"Wol! You may not speak against my will!" He stated.

"I may and I will!" Wol yelled. "This is absurd, uncle! Uk may not be able to control his energy yet, but that is what we've all learnt to do. He needs teaching!"

Jin stared at her in anger. He gestured to a deep gash on his shoulder, clenching his teeth. "Fine. He will not be locked up for not being able to control his sword," he said. "He will be locked for treason and assault to the leader of Songrim."

Wol was speechless. She couldn't believe her ears and yet she couldn't argue with his logic. Uk committed a crime, even if it was unintentional. She looked at Yul, hoping he would do something to stop this nonsense. But he was just standing there as he usually did, never speaking up against Jin.

The guards resumed their journey towards locking up Uk in a distant prison. And with a last gaze at Mudeok, Uk was forcefully dragged away.

As the Gwanju of Cheonbugwan walked past the crowd, he shared a look with Mudeok. It was not a knowing or friendly exchanged. It seemed like a confusing one. Wol couldn't help but wonder what was up with him and Mudeok. Was there something going on?

With the sudden distraction, she found herself losing sight of Yul. Before she could look for him in the crowd, someone tapped her on the shoulder. It was him.

"Wol..." Yul trailed off. He chuckled when he saw her furrowed eyebrows and scrunched forehead. He put his hand on her face, rubbing a thumb across her forehead. "You think too much."

Wol's breath caught in her throat at the touch. It was very much like Yul to notice the little things. She instinctively pulled her face away from his hand, avoiding their eye contact. Now that he was close enough, her eyes darted around, searching for any distraction. But her heartbeat wouldn't slow down. Something about his touch stirred up emotions she always knew she had. And she hated that she felt that way, especially after Yul making it seem that he believed that they were merely friends.

"We need to talk..." Wol cleared her throat.

"Yeah. I know," he replied softly, "And...I think I know what you are going to say."