ill take care of you

imani jyne

laughter spewed from behind the door as i knocked softly, soon i heard a few clicks and the door was opened and i was met with a tall, lanky dude who wore a durag and was clearly high "hey mama, you got the right place?" he asked, smirking lightly "i am, is jahseh around?" i questioned. he nodded and moved aside, letting me into the apartment.

there were an array of guys all with distinctive looks, but only jahseh caught my attention. "oh shit, hey imani i didn't think you'd actually come!" jahseh exclaimed throwing his hands into the air, i could see the joint laced in between his fingers. "it didn't really seem like you gave me much of a choice" i shrugged "well, since you're here let me introduce you to the vro's" "the what now?" my face scrunched in confusion. he rolled his eyes before speaking "these are my vros, you've got ski, wifi and coolie, and scheme" he spoke, pointing to each individual person so i could be aware of who's who. "hi everybody, i'm imani. i live across the hall" i announced shyly.

i received a plethora of hellos and greetings back from the group of guys, i gave them a tight lipped smile and went and sat besides wifi and coolie "what's good lil one, you ready to take some shots?" wifi asked me. i barely drank, when i did it was always on a special occasion because i could not control my alcohol for the absolute life of me, but honestly i thought i'd look like a pussy if i said no "sure, whatcha got?" i shrugged "ahh so she's really not lame" jahseh laughed, pulling out a small plastic shot glass and lifting the bottle of casamigos onto the table.

i glared at him and reached for the bottle, pouring myself a hefty shot and taking it to the head immediately. the boys hyped me up to take a second one and i let out a little giggle, one shot turned into two and two turned into four and suddenly i had lost track of how many i'd taken. me and the guys played different assortments of board and card games and i even smoked a bit in the process of it all, i hate to admit it but i was honestly having the most fun i'd had in a very long time.

we were now all drunkenly playing never have i ever, and honestly at our big ass age we knew better but it's whatever. "okay okay okay, never have i ever fucked a bitch with her nigga on the phone" ski slurred, ski was honestly the life of the party, he was the funniest dude i'd ever met and could control his substances scarily well. i watched as jahseh, ski, and wifi all took shots and i scrunched my face up in disgust "ew, you sluts" i giggled. "are they sluts or are you just a lame?" scheme questioned, patting my back softy which made me burst out laughing again.

"okay okay, i got a good one" wifi paused briefly before speaking "never have i ever had a thing for my neighbor" he said, slightly smirking at me. my eyes widened but i quickly fixed my face, do i lie or do i tell the truth? i thought to myself, fuck it. i lifted up my pre-filled shot glass and downed it "you're not funny" i said as my face screwed up from the toxic beverage, my eyes scanned the room and i could see jahseh eyeing me, it felt like he was burning a hole through my face as he intensely stared me down before i ultimately looked away.

sooner or later everyone began to leave one by one until eventually it was down to just me, jahseh and ski, they engaged in whatever conversation as i scrolled on my phone, still under the influence although i think i was controlling myself well. ski stood up indicating that he was leaving now "see you later imani" he said to me "bye bye ski" i responded "aight vro, i'll see you when we hit the studio" ski said whilst dapping jahseh up "alright" jahseh said and stood up to walk him to the door.

i heard them exchange a few more words and soon enough jahseh came walking back to the living area where i was seated "so, you're not so boring after all huh?" he let out a raspy chuckle "i guess you could say that" i said locking my phone and sitting it down so i could fully engage in the conversation "i had fun tonight, jahseh" i slurred happily with a small smile. he smiled too and nodded "i'm glad".

he cleared his throat "so about that shot you took " he let out a chuckle" which neighbor would that happen to be? " i laughed loudly "i don't know, i assume you're pretty smart and know how to use context clues" i smirked lightly "hmmm, i guess i'll never know" he spoke sarcastically before walking over to me and pulling me up "cmon, imani you're drunk" "let's get you to bed" he said "i don't want to go home jah, i want to stay here" i said feeling myself start to get emotional.

ah yes, and this is why we don't drink imani, i mentally cringed at my lack of control of behavior. my eyes watered as i struggled to stand staring into those brown eyes of his "imani it's okay you can stay here, love" he sighed softly "i'll take care of you" he muttered, placing his hand softly upon my cheek and caressing it slowly.

my heart fluttered at the feeling of his warm touch as i struggled to let out a response, he stared intensely into my eyes as if he was trying to read me. and suddenly he was leaning in, panic struck me like lightning as i had no idea what to do considering i'd never kissed anybody before. "j-jahseh wait" i stammered, pulling back a bit. i watched his face expression change and his eyebrows furrow "i don't know how" i said, barely above a whisper.

"you don't know how to do what?" he asked "i've never done this before" i spoke now looking down, nervously biting my bottom lip. "you mean you you've never kissed anybody before, shorty?" he asked with a grin making me shake my head slowly. "it's okay, you're thinking too much" "you just let your lips guide you, you'll get it" he explained. i nodded as he lifted my head, making me look back up at him.

"i'm sorry i didn't ask before, is it okay if i kiss you?" he asked, with the kindest eyes i'd ever seen. "y-yes" i stuttered again, now nervous that this was really about to happen. he leaned in again and even though i still was panicking i let it happen, the feeling of his soft plump lips against mine is such an indescribable feeling. just like he said it wasn't hard and soon we found ourselves french kissing, his soft hand still caressing my cheek while his other one rests on my lower back to keep my intoxicated ass from falling.

i mentally thanked the lord for my dark brown complexion, otherwise i'd be red as a tomato. we kissed for a while more before finally putting away "how was that for a first kiss, shorty?" he asked, finally putting his hand down from my cheek and resting them on my waist "that was g-great" i smiled softly making him nod in satisfaction "good. now come on imani, let's go to bed"