Strict Disciplinary Procedure

And like that, another day for the bureau draws to an end as the sun sat on the horizon. But the same couldn't be said about Makima and how she feels about it, as she got still things to attend to. Which as sad as it might be she couldn't take care of with her partner around, as he would make her unable to concentrate on much else.

But with (Y/N) gone she had now finally time to attend to some important matters, matters she could never accept for him to find out nor see, as it would probably destroy what he thinks of her. A fear that was certainly justified.

Ah, what a sweet young man he is. Utterly captivated by him, to the extent of being unable to work with him around..... this is sure to cause some problems sooner or later. But she has time to worry about that for another time, after all, he isn't going to leave her side anytime soon. Or at all.

Still worried sick about her newly found feeling she pondered what to do... Give into them or deny them even further. Knowing deep within that this is a fight she could only lose, it's just too good to be true.

Her partner, her sweet, irresistible partner... It's the only thing she can think about as she marvels at the little gift he specially bought her to lift her mood. And how it lifted it, how couldn't it? It's definitely and absolutely a sign of his affection towards her, no doubt about that. It couldn't be anything else. Reassured she herself continuously, again and again. Not seeing or at least wanting to see anything else in it.

An unreasonable and rushed observation. She knew it herself better than anyone else but couldn't help herself with wanting to see something in it which it certainly wasn't.

Seeing in the gifted chocolate bar something more akin to an engagement ring. Is it though really a foolish conclusion? Don't humans give each other chocolate if they love one another?

Love. Pure love as innocent as can be, for now, that is.... ignoring some problematic tendencies that slowly creep themselves along.

That especially a woman of her caliber would ever sink so deep to behave like a lovestruck schoolgirl... unthinkable for her co-workers. Though it's as true as it can be. Not that she would ever openly display such a thing willingly. It would only come with numerous rumors and destroy her reputation, and give people like Gabriel even more reasons to think as they do about her. No, she can't allow herself that. It would only reduce her into the eyes of many into nothing more than a pretty face. No matter what, her iron mask is something she will never lay down. Clinching to it as if it was the air she needed to breathe.

But innocent... that's a characteristic not fitting to her in any other circumstances than this one. As she acts quite the opposite to it in many ways. Though she feels no shame in it, not at all. Not seeing the wrong in her ways as the feelings (Y/N) blessed her with did not affect matters that did not involve him, for now...

Playing around with the blue plastic wrapping of the chocolate she thought about when to eat this precious gift of hers. Already being able to taste it on her tongue, feeling how the salvia gathers in her mouth even though not knowing what it tastes like.

But where is the fun of eating it alone? Why not keep it around to enjoy it with her partner together. Salvaging every piece of it with him.

So she swiftly grabbed it and dropped it in her solid wooden desk. On the same level as her most important documents, right beside the papers of (Y/N). Associating them with the same worth as documents that could cost the lives of many if they fall in the wrong hands.

One fatal conclusion after one another, leading down a sinister road. Losing her head and cold heart in the pure passion that is to come. Unknowingly crossing the line which shouldn't be crossed as she dives head first into her heated desires, seeking out pure love though only finding and contributing to such a sinful degeneracy. Seeking out the unforgivable, the unmistakable wrong, though being blind to it.