Chapter 1

The year is 1943.

Your older brother, Steve, had just had another attempt to enlist in the army today.

"How did it go?" You ask excited, as he walks through the doors.

Steve throws the papers at you, and you watch the 4F at the buttom, meaning he got another rejection.

"You'll get it next time" You yell uplifting at him, as he closes the door to his room.

You make a sandwich for him, and carefully opens the door to his room. Steve is laying on his bed, reading a book.

"Go away Y/N" He says, not removing his eyes from the pages in the book.

"But I made a sandwich for you" You say and ignoring him as you walk through the door and sit on his bed.

"Thanks, Y/N" He says and sits up. He does love your sandwiches.

"Are you sure, you want to join the army anyway?" You ask.

"Jeez, you almost sound like Bucky" He says as he takes a bite of the sandwich.

"Mhmm, it's good" He mumbles with his mouth full of food.

"Maybe you're just not supposed to join the army" You say again, ignoring his comparison.

Steve stops chewing and looks at you. He's about to say something when there's a knock on the front door.

"I'll get it" You say and stand up and walk towards the door.

You open the door and see Bucky.

"Oh, hi" You say and blush.

You LOVE seeing Bucky in his uniform. And you bite your lip as you look up and down at him.

"Hey" He says and smiles, when he sees it's you opening the door.

"How did it go today?" He asks.

Your smile fades away.

"Again?" He says and you nod slowly.

"I want to invite him to the Stark Expo tonight. It's about the future. That'll probably cheer him up" Bucky says.

"That's sweet of you" You say and look down at the ground.

"Hey" He says and puts his finger under your chin to make you look up at him, "I want you to come too"

"No, I can't. Steve will think it's weird" You say.

His eyes are locked on you.

"I want you to come, Y/N" He says.

"Bucky-"

"It's my last night before I'm being deployed, so I want you there" Bucky suddenly bursts out.