Chapter 6

You wake up the next day with butterflies in your stomach. Even though Steve has gotten in the way of you and Bucky's relationship, you're still enjoying the time you have with him. The thought of him makes your stomach flutter and you know just how you feel about him.

Today you want to confess your feelings to him and tell him you love him.

After breakfast you see Bucky walk into his room. When you have finished cleaning your plate you walk over to his door and knock three times.

As he opens the door you notice his eyes are red and he looks like he hasn't slept the whole night.

"Good morning" You say with a cute smile, but he doesn't smile back, which you think is kind of odd.

"Hi" He says with a low voice, avoiding eye contact.

"Uhm.. Can I come in?" You say, trying to look into his room.

"I guess" He says and opens his door wider for you.

You walk in and notice his room is a lot messier than it's used to.

"Did you have a nightmare last night?" You ask as you look around at the clothes scattered everywhere on the floor.

"You can say that" He responds coldly, looking at the mess.

"Do you want to hang out today?" You ask.

You have the feeling that something is wrong with him, but you can't quite put a finger on what.

"Uhm.. No" He says with a sigh.

"Why not? What's wrong?" You ask.

"It's just.. You and I.. We can't work.. It's a waste of time" Bucky says, not looking into your eyes.

He keeps shifting his weight as if he's uncomfortable.

"Why do you say that?" You ask.

You feel the tears form in your eyes.

"Is there someone else?" You say as the tears run down your cheeks.

"No!" He yells.

For a short moment his eyes lands on you, before he looks down again and continues.

"Because it's the truth. We both know we aren't good for each other. We're too different" He says, looking down into the ground.

"But Bucky.. You said you would stay in my life" You say as your voice breaks.

"Well.. You deserve better" Bucky says.

Immediately your heart shatter into a million pieces.

"No, don't say that! That's not true!" You yell as you walk over to him.

You touch his chest with both your hands, but he grips onto your wrists.

"Just leave, Y/N" Bucky says and gently pushes you towards the door.

"No! Don't leave me!" You cry out as he opens the door and pushes you out.

"I don't want anything to do with you" Bucky says.

As he slams the door shut the last thing you see is the tears in his eyes. 

As you stand alone in the hall you feel like the air has been sucked out of you. You feel as if there's a massive hole where your heart once was and you feel dizzy. You wobble back to your room and collapse on your bed, wailing into your pillow.

Later that day you manage to get yourself ready for dinner. You have been crying into your pillow the whole day and you have red, bloodshot eyes.
You try to hide the fact that you have been crying nonstop, but you know the minute you walk out, everyone will notice.