Chapter 7

In the morning you walk out of your room. You're wearing an oversized T-shirt you stole from Steve.

Jeremy is still sleeping on the couch.

You carefully walk over to the kitchen and open the fridge for a glass of orange juice.

"Good morning" Jeremy grunts from the couch.

"Sorry, I didn't wanna wake you"

"Don't be. I sleep light. I kinda have to with my job" He says as he sits up.

You bring another glass of orange juice with you over to the couch and hands it to Jeremy. He takes a sip.

"I really missed you" Jeremy says and looks at you.

"Ditto" You say as you take another sip.

"I'm glad Steve told me to come by" He says as he places the glass down on the table and stretches his arms over his head. You notice his muscled arms and enjoy the view of his bare upper body.

"What do you mean?" You ask as your expression changes.

"Steve.. He actually told me you were single just before I got here. Listen, Y/N.. I actually really like you, and I have ever since I met you for the first time. I told Steve many years ago, but then you met Luke and I wouldn't want to ruin your relationship with him" He says.

You look at him with widened eyes and your jaw dropped to the floor.

"Why didn't you tell me?" You ask.

"I didn't think you liked me back, so I didn't want to ruin our friendship" He says shyly.

"Wait.. Rewind for a moment.. Did Steve tell you to come here?" You ask and ignore his confession.

"Yeah, I hope it's okay that-"

"Excuse me.. I'll be right back" You say as you stand up and walk towards Steve's room with heavy steps.

Once you're there, you knock on the door, but no one answers.

You walk around the compound and finally you find him in a meeting room with some of the others among Tony, Sam and Nat.

You barge through the doors and stride towards Steve.

"Y/N, we're in the middle of a meeting" Steve says as they all look a you.

"You told Jeremy I was single, so he would come here?!" You ask with a raised voice.

"Y/N, can we talk about this later?" He asks and gestures towards the others in the room.

"Why would you do that?!" You yell, ignoring his request.

"Because.. You deserve better" Steve says with a low voice.

You immediately see red and feel the anger in your whole body when you hear the exact same words Bucky said leaving Steve's mouth.

"YOU!" You say and step closer to him.

Steve looks scared and stands up. The others does the same thing.

"You were the one that told Bucky to break up with me!" You yell.

The others looks at each other with open mouthes in shock.

Steve looks around.

"Y/N, calm down. Let's-"

"You fucking made Bucky tell me lies, because you don't want your best friend to fuck you little sister" You yell in his face.

"Hey, language!" He yells back, but you ignore him.