Coming home

Bruce sat under the tree with one leg pulled up against his chest. He knew his parents would be angry with him for letting his sister leave. But she would be okay, he would take all of the blame. He winced at the thought of more bruises littering his tan skin.

He sat for what felt like minutes, but when he looked at his watch it had been hours. He looked up and the sky was turning a little darker. It wasn't quite sunset, but the street lights would be on soon. He needed to get Amy, or at least make sure she was getting home.

He stood and walked down and started the 20 minute walk to Finneys house.
The walk was boring and long. His anxiety ate at him the closer he got. Hopefully Robin wasn't there, but with his luck he would be.

His stomach dropped as he approached the gate. 'Fuck, fuck, fuck!' He though. What if they jumped him? What if she hated him? What if she told their parents? What if Finney or his dad told them? What if they didn't tell him?
His mind raced with all the worst situations, but he kept a cold expression over it.
He knocked on the door quietly and was shocked to see a little girl answer the door. "Hey- oh. It's you." She rolled her eyes.
Damn she was sassy. How the hell did Amy become friends with this girl?
"Hello. Is Amy here?" He deadpanned.
"Why do you want to know?" She raised an eyebrow and crossed her arms over her chest.
"Because she's.. Because I need to know if she's left yet or not." He almost called her his sister, but he caught himself.
"Well she doesn't want to speak to you, asshat. So leave." She motioned away from the house with her head.
"I will, as soon as I know where she is." He shrugged.
"She left already. Maybe five minutes ago." Gwen sighed. "Are you happy now?" She scowled.
"Yes, thank you." He nodded before turning around and heading back to the house.

The walk home was long and by the time he got there the street lights were on and the sky was dark. Maybe they wouldn't be to angry with him?

Vance sat on the couch. He knew he had to go back, he couldn't stay here forever. It was Sunday night, so hopefully he was out or already passed out.
"I'm going to head out now.. I'll see you guys later." He shouted to Devin and Robin, who were sitting in the kitchen. "Okay.. Remember you're welcome back here anytime." Devin nodded a little sadness in his eyes. "I will, thanks." He nodded a little goodbye and walked out of the house.

He drove back home and noticed his dads truck was there. Not good. He parked in the dead grass and carefully walked up the porch and opened the door slowly.

Nothing.

Good sign.

He stepped through the house quietly, trying to make it to his room without getting the attention of his father. He noticed the glass that crunched under his boots.
He looked around and saw the old man sitting in her chair, an angry expression across his drunk, sleeping face.

He sighed as he realized that he was breathing. He likely had just gotten drunk and dropped a bottle before passing out. He was extra careful as he walked down the small hall and into his room.

His room was mostly empty. The mattress was just on the floor, with only a small thin blanket over it. There were several holes in the thin white walls, a few posters he had stolen decorated his barren walls. His dresser was small and broken, he had found it in a dumpster and fixed it with a shit ton of duck tape and scraps of plywood on his backyard.

He didn't like his room much, but it was something. He decided to lay down and hope his father was already gone in the morning.

But he wasn't.

/////Hi. I know this chapter is shorter than the others but I have something very uhhhh- special in the next two chapters. So have fun w that info! :] -author