Chapter 9

Nathan and Maxie arrived to their hotel in Manhattan and Maxie just couldn't believe that Nathan had planned all of this on such short notice. When they pulled got out of the car in front of the hotel Maxie couldn't even hide her excitement. Nathan had gotten them a room at the Hilton Manhattan East hotel and he still had more surprises up his sleeve.

"Oh my god!! Nathan this hotel is absolutely amazing. How did you get us a room here on such short notice? Wait can you even afford this place?"

"Maxie stop worrying about it would you I have everything taken care of all you have to do is worry about looking fabulous for our wedding."

"Yeah I guess you are right Nathan I am so excited to get married."

"Well trust me I am too, but I think we should drop our bags off and then go to the jewelry shop to get our rings."

"Nathan that sounds amazing. Georgie looks ready to go jewelry shopping."

"Are you sure it is Georgie and not you?"

"Ok maybe it is me too."

"Alright let's go check in and then we will go."

Nathan and Maxie walk up to the front desk and tells the front desk his name as the guy at the front desk hands Nathan the key card their room. Nathan then pulls the guy aside so that Maxie can't hear their conversation.

"I am expecting some very important guest so if they make it here before we return I am giving you permission to let them into our room."

The guy looks at Nathan and says, "Yes Mr. West I was told by Mrs. Kirkland to give you whatever you wanted so I assure you that your guest will be treated with the utmost respect and we will personally deliver them to your suite."

"Excellent and can I ask that you have our bags taken upstairs too and I am expecting a special delivery from Cartullo and I would like you to have those4 delivered to our room too."

"Will do Mr. West."

Nathan then walks over to Maxie and Georgie and says, "Are you girls ready to go?"

"Yeah we were ready to go 5 minutes ago, but you decided you wanted to go over there and talk to the front desk guy as if you two are old buddies. What were you two talking about anyway?"

"Nothing I was just making everything was set up to our liking that is all."

"Yeah well Nathan why do I get the feeling that isn't the whole story."

"Look do you want to go get our rings or do you want to sit here and interrogate me some more Detective Jones."

Nathan looks at the front entrance and sees his special guest were about to walk through the door. Nathan knew he had to work fast so that his surprise for Maxie wouldn't be ruined. He did the only thing that he could think of to stop Maxie so he grabbed her and pulled into a passionate kiss right there without any warning. Nathan then opened his eyes to make eye contact with the guest waving for them to hurry up and get on the elevator. As soon as their surprise guest were out of sight he pulled away from the kiss.