Chapter 1: The Awakening of Something New

Calem's POV:

This all begins with your father, Ash Ketchum, moving into Kalos after the violence in Pallet Town grew, which made your Grandma Delia move back into Kalos after being away for so long. From what I know, this was a couple of days before he met us. But from what he told us, He said-

"This was the Awakening of Something New."

JANUARY 23rd, KALOS REGIONAL AIRPORT

Ash's POV:

This is terrible. I never imagined moving would be such a hassle. Especially being on a cramped ass plane, makes me feel so tiny and short. Not saying I'm not short, because I am, but this makes me feel even shorter than I need to be. Not to mention my little sister, Leaf, had been annoying throughout the entire plane ride.

"Hey you two, we've finally made it! Are you two excited to start our new lives here?!" Mom, bless her beautiful soul, asked loudly and positively.

Leaf nodded excitedly. "Yeah! I'm super excited! I can't wait to explore and make so many new friends!" She screamed, causing my ears to ring.

"That's amazing sweetie! What about you Ash?" She looked at me, smiling widely

"I guess I am. I don't know. It's a new change, that's for sure." I answered chuckling, scratching the back of my head.

"Well honey, I think you'll love it here!" She smiled brightly, pinching my cheek playfully.

"MOM!" I pouted looking away, blushing out of embarrassment.

She giggled at me, playfully sticking out her tongue at me. She loved teasing me and making me feel embarrassed.

I understand why we moved from Kanto, especially from Pallet Town. Pallet Town wasn't exactly a big town, a lot of mixtures between rich and poor that doesn't blend well. It wasn't a great place to live either. Especially living on Pinesburrow Drive. Mom was trapped there for nearly 15 long, exhausting years and her coming back to her home country seemed like the best move to do. However, that wasn't the main reason why we decided to move to Kalos. Let's just say I got into an...altercation...with someone that could've ended my life.

But, seeing my mom smile so brightly made me the happiest as well. I love my mom more than anything else, she matters to me more than anybody. She's given me all the love, affection, and protection that I needed growing up in Pinesburrow. Without her, I would for sure be either dead or on the streets. And even though she can be irritating, I love Leaf just as much. I want her to grow up in a better environment, unlike me.

After we grab our bags and our luggage, we leave the airport and wait outside. Mom said that someone very special to her was picking us up. I had no idea who she could be talking about though. I mean, she never talked about anyone special. Except for my dad. But, she hasn't said much about him. Just how she met and fell in love with him. I never asked what happened to him. Leaf was begging Mom to tell us who was picking us up.

Before I can ask who was coming to pick us up, a black limo pulled up in front of us. I had never seen a limo in person before, but, it caught me by surprise. It must've been recently cleaned too, it was so shiny and spotless!

"Woah..." Leaf gasped in awe, staring at the long and luxurious vehicle.

"Pretty cool right?" A woman asked, getting out of the car. She had short, purple hair that was shaped like a crown. She wore a beautiful white outfit, and she carried a pink purse in her small and nimble hands.

"AH!" My mom screamed in excitement, jumping up and down. "Babe! Oh, my gawd!" She rushed to hug the woman, wrapping her arms around her.

Me and Leaf stood there confused, who was this woman? It had to be someone close to Mom, but she never told us about her closest friends or her family. I'm just now realizing this.