Two

As I said before, I've never been in the ocean meaning

As I said before, I've never been in the ocean meaning...I can't swim. I can vaguely make out the blurry water surrounding me as I sink to the bottom of the ocean floor.

I start flailing, kicking and flinging my arms around in hopes that I'll eventually reach the surface. My damn dress weighing me down and restricting my movement.

My vision is starting to go black and my heart is pounding in my ears as I feel myself start to fade away. They say you're supposed to see your life flash before your eyes, or at least a bright white light. All I see, is the darkness taking over.

I feel something grabbing me, pulling me into some direction that I can't make out. I'm unaware if I'm moving up or down until I finally breech the surface. The air burns my chest as I inhale deeper than I ever have.

Upon instinct, I start thrashing around to try and stay above the waterline. My elbow hits something hard and I hear a voice from behind me.

"Easy, love. I'm trying to save you and you knock me in the face?" The unfamiliar voice struggles to say. I finally start to relax enough to figure out that someone has an arm around my waist and is trying to pull me to shore.

"Who are you?" I ask still a little out of it. I don't get an answer but I feel a pair of hands on my back. A weight is suddenly lifted and I realize the stranger took my dress off. "What are you doing?" I ask almost gagging as salt water gets in my mouth.

"You were very heavy, darling." He mumbles.

"I beg your pardon!"

"Just shut it and hold still!" He scolds me. This man clearly has no manners but considering he's saving my life, I decide to listen to him.

We make it to one of the docks and two royal guards help me up. I try to stand but I fall to my knees out of exhaustion. I flip over onto my back to catch my breath and finally look at the man who saved me.

His dark hair is woven into dreadlocks with various beads braided in. A dark red bandana wraps around his forehead. I notice his eyes are the deepest brown I've ever seen and surrounded by dark eyeshadow. There's facial hair along his jawline and his upper lip leading down to two beaded braids hanging off his chin. His tan skin is littered with marks and tattoos, chest on display, and his clothing is...interesting at best.

"You alright, love?" He asks, sincerely looking concerned. His gaze turns to confusion as it shifts down to the medallion that's now laying on my chest. "Now where did you get that?"

Before I can respond, Norrington comes rushing over with dozens of guards along with my father and Elizabeth.

"On your feet." The Commodore points his sword at my rescuer and commands him to stand. The man slowly gets up with his hands raised.

"Evelyn!" My father and Elizabeth move over to me and help me stand.

"My god, Evie, are you alright?" My sister wraps a blanket over my shoulders and rubs her hands up and down my arms. I quickly tuck my necklace back into my undergarment, which I now realize is the only thing I'm wearing.