Five

Upon first impression, the island of Tortuga is

Upon first impression, the island of Tortuga is...horrible. The people stink, there's trash in the streets, music is blaring from every corner, and the place just overall smells like death.

"You sure you don't want to wait on the ship, Eve?" Will turns to me concerned, telling me that he's thinking the same thing about this disgusting town.

"Yes. I'll be fine." I say trying to convince Will, and myself.

"Stay close, love." Jack softly commands wrapping my arm around his. The small touch makes my heart jump and I suddenly feel very hot.

We walk further into the town and it only gets worse. This place is full of pirates.

There's people passed out on the street, women with their breasts hanging out and teeth missing rub themselves all over the men. There's crowds of pirates fighting amongst themselves while laughing hysterically and firing their pistols into the air.

"It is indeed a sad life that has never breathed deep the sweet, proliferous bouquet that is Tortuga. Savvy?" Jack gushes while my face sets into a permanent look of disgust.

"I wish I hadn't." I mumble.

"What do you think?" Jack asks us.

"It'll linger." I laugh at Will's reply.

"I'll tell you, mate, if every town in the world were like this one, no man would ever feel unwanted. Scarlet!"

I turn away from Jack and notice a woman with bright red hair and big boobs stalking over to us. Before he can say anything, she slaps him hard across the face then storms off.

"Not sure I deserved that." Jack remarks. Another young woman with blonde hair comes up not two seconds later. "Giselle."

"Who was she?" The blonde asks.

"What?" Jack barely manages to get out as he slapped across the face again, the blonde follows the red head into some bar. "I may have deserved that."

"Quite the ladies man aren't you?" I don't know why but I feel this twinge of jealousy. Jack gives me an apologetic smile before leading us further into town.

We enter a dark and dingy pub and follow Jack to the back barnyard where a man is sleeping amongst the swine. Literal swine. The man looks familiar but I can't figure out why. Jack throws a bucket of water onto the poor fellow who jolts awake and starts yelling at us.

"Curse you for breathing, you slack-jawed idiot!" He takes in his surroundings and his eyes settle on us. "Mother's love. Jack! You should know better than to wake a man when he's sleepin'. It's bad luck."

"Fortunately, I know how to counter it. The man who did the waking buys the man who was a sleeping a drink. The man who was sleeping drinks it while listening to a proposition from the man who did the waking." The man looks confused for a second before figuring out what Jack was saying.