100 days & 1 year

Thursday, June 28th, 2018

The first 100 days of Min In-su's life.

In Korea, it is tradition to celebrate your child's first 100 days of life.

Yoongi and I decided to throw a big party. He was to invite all of his friends, and I invited mine. We wanted to make the celebration bigger, so we allowed the boys to invite their friends.

Technically, there is supposed to be some praying and other things that go along with the celebration, but neither of us is religious, so we are just having the party.

We rented out the same venue we had the baby shower in, so I knew just how I wanted things decorated.

I started planning activities with Yoongi about 2 weeks in advance. And we finally had everything ready the night before, so I was able to relax and no longer stress.

"Come sit down, Yeobo, there's nothing more to do. The party is tomorrow," Yoongi voiced, motioning me to join him on the couch.

I turned to look at him since I was looking at the list of RSVP from everyone. I smiled at him and made my way to the couch.

"I love you, Yeobo," he whispered sweetly as I sat down, leaning my back to his chest and him covering us with a blanket.

"I love you too, jagi," I sighed, "I'm not sure why, but I'm really anxious about the party."

He chuckled, "You're not anxious about the party. You're just reminiscing about our son."

I thought about it for a moment, "Yeah, you're right," I admitted.

"Remember, I know you like I know my music," he gloated, "you're just thinking about the past, soon to be 100 days."

"So much has happened since then. Like In-su is already picking his head up and proping himself up! That's such a big milestone! And everything is going on with the group. You guys are doing so well. And festa was pretty exciting this year," I stated in a sort of gloomy tone.

"Then why are you sounding so sad about it," he asked.

I sighed, "I think it's because so much has happened. Honestly, I never pictured myself as being a mom, and then here I am with a kid. A human. A living thing. And he's growing so fast. The days have flown by, and I'm sure it will keep up like that."

"Oh," he said in confusion.  "You didn't want to be a mother?"

"No, not really. You mentioned it a whole bunch from the beginning, so I figured you'd be happier with a kid," I admitted.

He didn't say anything for about a minute after that. I turned to look at him. His face was contoured with confusion.

"So you're telling me I pressured you into having a child," he asked, his voice filled with concern.

"Well, yeah, but the idea grew on me after a while."

"So when I told you that day, when we were talking about planning our wedding, did you lie about wanting a child?"

"No, of course not!! Like I said, the idea grew on me probably around the same time when you proposed to me."

He sighed heavily, "Fuck Luna don't scare me like that. I really thought I forced this on you."

I turned my body to be fully facing him and I straddled his lap, "sorry I didn't realize how bad that sounded," I whispered.